New Willier 101..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

If it's based on their sharp edge design it seems strange that it'll replace the Cento 1, technology doesn't often "filter up" from lower product offerings. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this, I'm about to pick up a Cento 1 frameset but I don't feel the urge to wait a bit longer after seeing this picture to be honest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dbecks7

by dbecks7

Zakalwe wrote:If it's based on their sharp edge design it seems strange that it'll replace the Cento 1, technology doesn't often "filter up" from lower product offerings. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this, I'm about to pick up a Cento 1 frameset but I don't feel the urge to wait a bit longer after seeing this picture to be honest.

I'm in the same boat, I'm in the market either for the Cento Uno or Specialized SL4 and I have my heart really set on the Cento Uno and the new 101 doesn't seem so far at least to appeal to my tastes.

mayonaisedream

by mayonaisedream

How about a green one?

CentoSR 2.JPG
Godzilla Cycles

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Those graphics are kinda hideous imo. The shapes on the frame is ok, but seems a bit more generic now rather than the curves around the rear wheel mounts on the 101. Looks like they also took a cue from the Dogma 2 with the front fork meeting the downtube.

Wester-Ross

by Wester-Ross

The graphics maybe a little too busy for me, but at least they show a desire to try something bolder than red/white/black, or white. or BoB.

mad106

by mad106

Wilier just released this video on Facebook yesterday, wondering if it has anything to do with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErtMMsSJFo&feature=youtu.be

Doesn't show much, but could certainly be a name?

hansonator69

by hansonator69

I like it...
Slam your stem.

elviento

by elviento

Not bad.

Expect good test results thanks to the large tubing.

The crown hugging design is better than Dogma 2 because the bulge in the downtube is also structural (while on the Dogma, the fork's fairing is nonstructural dead weight). Not sure what the

Cervelo's squoval literature aside, I suspect the angular design is more fashion than function.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

Brian1

by Brian1

I wish Wilier done custom paint jobs like Trek's Project 1. I have a 2010 Izoard which has a really nice paint job but recently their colour schemes are crap!

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Brian1 wrote:I wish Wilier done custom paint jobs like Trek's Project 1. I have a 2010 Izoard which has a really nice paint job but recently their colour schemes are crap!

But they do? I ´ve had an all red one.

Here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

dbecks7

by dbecks7

I noticed on competitivecyclist.com that the price of the Cento Uno, SL, and SLR all dropped. Is the new 101 frame supposed to come out soon? I'm about to go to my LBS in the next few days looking to buy a frame but i'm not sure if I should wait to see what the new Wilier has to offer or weather I should go ahead and get the current Cento Uno before it is sold out or not carried any more by my LBS

metanoize

by metanoize

I'm hoping the ISP fad stops right here. Ridley is seeing the light with new Helium.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

dbecks7 wrote:/... Is the new 101 frame supposed to come out soon? .../

I get an information that it should be presented at the end of July, but of course nothing for sure here. If I'll get some more informations I'll let you know. Will travel to a stage race next week and will probably meet some people who know a bit more about it.. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

The willier rep and willier owner dropped by my friend's shop this week to show him the new 101 since he's a dealer.

when he saw them he ordered one for himself in red color. Aparently they are very nice. I personally don't really like the paint job, but the tube shape is nice.
██