Selle Italia SLR saddle shape new vs old

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

I have been using the new SLR flow for a few weeks. It does look flatter but I fits very nicely and still conforms like the old SLR.

GT56

by GT56

wss03 wrote:Can someone confirm this? I was told the new saddles are the exact same height as the old ones. I don't want to have to cut my ISP again if possible. The new saddles are more cut out than the older ones and make the rails appear larger but I would think the height is the same.

check the 'technical drawing's on sella italia's website - you will see that even between the carbon railed and titanium railed there is a difference of 8 mm if I recall well (the carbon one having the higher stack height)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wss03

by wss03

Thank you for your help! I got to the bottom of it :) I have an old SLR Carbonio (carbon rails) which measures 40-41mm from the bottom of the rail to the top of the saddle. This is the same as the measurement on the technical drawing on their site for the new version. So, the old carbon railed SLR has the same stack height as the new one.

DMF

by DMF

My latest generation SLR Kit Carbonio (regular hull, not Flow) is 35,5-36mm at the top of the lowest point in the middle to the bottom of the carbon rail. It was higher when new but went banana pretty fast. I'm only 67kg.