powertap in a sram s80 wheel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

109er

by 109er

has anyone done this? I have a Powertap G3C hub that I would like to put into a sram S80 rim. 2x non-driveside, 2x driveside.

The problem I am running into is finding the erd of the rim to calculate the spoke length. Sram wont give the info, and I cant seem to find it anywhere on the interwebs.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

Sorry, but I don't think that will be possible... The S80 rim is not designed for 2x NDS and DS, which basically means that if you try to lace the PT in there, the spoke angle at the holes will be to acute and you will risk breaking the rim.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

109er

by 109er

could you lace it into the rim? maybe 1x or radial nondriveside and 1x driveside?
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

audiojan

by audiojan

No, unfortunately not... Powertap requires 2x on both DS and NDS... This is why most manufacturers offer Powertap specific rims (Zipp, HED, etc.) With an aluminum rim (without any kind of fairing, structural CF etc.), you can get a way 2x on the NDS, despite the angle. The deeper the rim, the less of chance that it will work you will have.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin