Time Trial Position

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

o2oole

by o2oole

Thanks for all the Input guys, I don't have a picture of my TT position on my computer right now - ill get one asap though and than post it.

I realize it's hard to say for sure if I can fit onto the frame.. im going to have to go and acutally build it up and try it out.
Live to ride - Ride to live - Body - Bike - Soul

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

This fells perfect for me now. Bars have negative angle for better power on uphill.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michael

by michael

stem or handlebar 5cm shorter :P

A e o l u s

by A e o l u s

I think the best postion aerodinamically as someone said is different to the best postions efficiently, for example Dave Zabriske has probably the best aero position in the peleton and he is also powerfull with it, but Armstrong has a position which is a lot more upright higher at the front, but he is powerfull in that position because that position suits him.

On the pictures below, Zabriske shoulders are level with his hips when he is on his tribars and even when he is on the brake levers, whereas Armstrongs shoulds are higher than his hips

Ullrich and Leiphimer also have quiet "aero" positions compared to Armstrongs, but are they more powerfull, Leiphimer definatly looks like he is compromising power, but it must work for him or he wouldn't be using it ?
Attachments
Dave Zabriske TT.jpg
Ullrich TT 2.jpg
la 7.jpg
Zabriske Giro TT.jpg
LL.jpg
Last edited by A e o l u s on Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

My road frame is 57cm Principia Revolution D2S
and my Time trial frame is 51cm Principia TT2 light
See all my bike h e r e

ALx

by ALx

premiumjack wrote:Leiphimer definatly looks like he is compromising power, but it must work for him or he wouldn't be using it ?

leipheimer just looks like his seat is to low... if you see the leg on the other side I would say he could had moved his seat 5mm higher to get a better leg extention
Sprinters are born not made

ALx

by ALx

oups sorry bad posting... he just have a weird knee...
Sprinters are born not made