Cento Uno Bottom Bracket Bearings Shimano Adapter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jero

by jero

Hi fellow weenies.I just built up my cento uno with an Ultegra 6700.What worries me is tha besides using the specific bearings that came with the frame and are needed for Shimano cranks the crank arms seem to be too close to the bb.Is there anything further that i should have used apart from the bearings (perhaps something like a ring) or that's all??Thanx in advance weenies.Pics of the build to come :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jero

by jero

Here is a shot.What do you think?
Attachments
bb.JPG

jero

by jero

kgt wrote:I think that is how it should be. Look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpurUBICmlM

Kgt you are the man!!Thanks a million!I should have called you before :D

slythgoe

by slythgoe

Hi, I'm just starting my Cento build now. Can I just check this worked out for you?
The Sram Red crank I have seems to be rubbing against the surround rather than the bearing adaptor itself

slythgoe

by slythgoe

Here's some pics to illustrate my quandary
Attachments
the surround of the bb seems to protrund more than the bearings.
the surround of the bb seems to protrund more than the bearings.
as the bearings are recessed, is the crank not then going to be rubbing on the surround?
as the bearings are recessed, is the crank not then going to be rubbing on the surround?
I've pushed the bearings in as far as they'll go with a gentle tap from a rubber mallet. I just wanted to check there's nothing else to go into the recess before the bearing
I've pushed the bearings in as far as they'll go with a gentle tap from a rubber mallet. I just wanted to check there's nothing else to go into the recess before the bearing
these plastic washers came with it, but they don't appear in the instruction video at all. It would make sense that they would go into the recess before the bearing so that it protruded more I guess, but that's not in the video.
these plastic washers came with it, but they don't appear in the instruction video at all. It would make sense that they would go into the recess before the bearing so that it protruded more I guess, but that's not in the video.
these also came with the frame.... no idea what they are!
these also came with the frame.... no idea what they are!
& just for good measure
& just for good measure

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Sell the SRAM and/or 6700 and get Fulcrum Racing Cranks with upgraded CULT bearings.

What yall are doing is like putting 85 octane in a Ferrari.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

WasFab

by WasFab

Is anyone can let me know what is item code for the bearings of the bottom bracket for the cento?
Thanks.

speedwobbles

by speedwobbles

This is off the top of my head, but I did sell a guy a sram bb for a cento1 just yesterday.

I believe the drive side takes 1 bearing, 1 alloy 3mm spacer and 1 alloy shim/sleeve.

The NDS should take 1 bearing, 1 plastic shim/sleeve and then one wave washer between the crank arm and seal.

If any of those 6 parts are missing, it will not work correctly.

The shims/sleeves (like the plastic NDS one in the picture you posted) go from the outside in, not the inside out as it seems you are imagining. The bearings are the first thing to go into the frame.

It's ok that the "campy lip" on the drive side sticks out further than the bearing itself, that is what the 3mm alloy spacer is for. Without it, the crank arm will drag on the campy lip. (which is what it seems like is happening). I think you may be missing a piece or two for your BB.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com