Evo seat collar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quaman26

by quaman26

Is there any available alternative seat collar for the Evo ? The size is a bit unusual at 30mm which is not a standard. I would like to try to find one with a different color than black - red would be good. Thanks

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

30mm is a standard, just not as common as others. cervelo used it on their r3/r3sl for a while.
salsa makes collars in 30mm. many colors too. but, as this is weightweenies, you might as well know now that they are NOT light. i'm sure there is some cannondale that has the same size collar in red-try to score that one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

quaman26 wrote:Is there any available alternative seat collar for the Evo ? The size is a bit unusual at 30mm which is not a standard. I would like to try to find one with a different color than black - red would be good. Thanks

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/epages/6 ... eat&Page=2
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

quaman26

by quaman26

Thank you ! I will start looking.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I have done some research in this but not yet come to a final decision. Kcnc sell 30.8 clamps but quite hard to track down a reseller in the uk that stocks the right size. If you find an answer would you mind sharing. I did think about getting the current one anodised red but haven't had a chance to find out if it is cost effective (I suspect not).

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Checked with my contact at cannondale and they don't sell a 30.0 in red. In the uk the 2 I can find are hope and straitline, both in various colours. Kcnc only do a 30.7 which is prob too big, although sure I have seen one on an evo on ww.

quaman26

by quaman26

I haven't had luck finding a red one yet. The ones I have seen with the size in Fairwheel bikes are all black. Need to try to search out where I can find the Hope or straightline one here in the US. Will keep advising if I do find one.

quaman26

by quaman26

Oh, I did find red 30mm ones from Salsa but they are heavy at 34g. The stock one on the Evo is only 16g.

jooo

by jooo

Mcfk can make you one. Smud-Carbon don't have 30.0mm listed but I imagine they can make you one also.

glowder

by glowder

The Cannondale evo specific carbon collar looks pretty cool. 6 grams. But it's black and pricey.

jooo

by jooo

Just saw in another thread that PoP make a 30.0mm also.

trikobe

by trikobe

glowder wrote:The Cannondale evo specific carbon collar looks pretty cool. 6 grams. But it's black and pricey.

Where can I look this up? Looked at the cannondale website and they have no collars listed.

glowder

by glowder

Go to the cannondale link quaman26 pasted in above. Scroll down ti find the flash/evo carbon seat collar - 58 euros.

Camilo

by Camilo

I have to wonder if it's such a problem finding a red collar in that size, why not buy a nice WW black one and paint it?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

have you looked at straitline - they are about 15g - sold at chainreaction cycles. They are canadian so assume they supply into the US too.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=45454

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com