My father recently had an accident with his old trek 5500. It's this type of frame "picture of the internet"
And I'm going to have it repaired, So I can build it up as a commuter.
It will get sanded nude, and then some ghost decals on it + clearcoat.
I'm thinking of getting myself some internal gears: more specificaly the shimano alfine ones.
But here's 1 Issue, the bike might get used during bad weather rides in the winter aswell.
Which gives me problem 1: a) choose for alfine 8 speed, and get some old 8 speed shifters.
b) choose for alfine 11 speed, with the plain triggers and use a straight mtb bar instead of road handlebar.
If I stick to plan B) this will be the build
- frame 5500sl 2001
- shimano alfine 11 speed black
- ritchey wcs shiny black components
- these rims "black, removed decals", silver dt swiss competition spokes, silver brass nipples.http://www.rose.nl/artikel/xtreme-racev ... aid:333724
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- front dynamo hub, which one? what hub offers the highest price/ratio?
I'm thinking of this one, but I don't know for sure yet. I don't wan't the hub to slow me down!! http://www.rose.nl/artikel/shimano-naaf ... aid:515907
- what do you suggest for light?
- what saddle is usefull for a commuter? never build one before so I really don't know.
Please bear in mind that it's a budgetbuild, so every suggestion should have the highest price/ratio.
Any other suggestions for the dynamo, rims, ... are always welcome.
Thanks for the help