Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:01 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:11 pm 

Does anyone have any info regarding release date? Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 am 

And if someone knows if the Shamal Milles are also going to be updated with the wider rims please let us now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:12 pm 

From Cyclingnews/Bikeradar:

Shamal Ultra wheels

Remember that image of Miguel Indurain speeding to another crushing time trial victory in more than one of his five early 90s Tour de France victories? Well those highly polished aluminium wheels he was riding were the original Shamals, which were ground breaking at the time for being one of the first assembled wheels whose component parts were all created specifically for them. Things have moved on a bit these days, but the Shamal continues, and offers similar weight to a mid-range carbon wheelset, making it truly race-worthy.

The new Shamal Ultra C17 can call on great pedigree, since the model has previously innovated differential rim heights, the G3 spoke pattern, oversized drive side flange, USB ceramic bearings, MoMag magnetic nipple fitting technology, oversized aluminium aero spokes, 2-Way Fit rim profiles and Rim Dynamic Balance.

But for 2016, there's a new 17mm internal width, up from 15mm, which is designed to create a more aerodynamic profile specifically with 25mm or 28mm tyres, as well as a larger tyre contact patch, more comfort thanks to greater air volume, and increased rigidity and reactivity. The front hub body is carbon fibre, and both hubs have USB ceramic bearings with an adjustable lock ring – first seen on the Bora wheelset – for preload adjustment.

The drive side rear flange is oversized, and there are 16 radial anodised aluminium spokes up front, with 21 behind in the Mega G3 pattern, and Campagnolo's anti-rotation system ensuring they don't turn in use. Chrome finished self-locking nipples look good and can be adjusted conventionally, while the rims are lightened through toroidal milling, which shaves away metal where it's not needed.

They'll be offered in clincher and 2-Way Fit (tubeless) versions, and claimed weights are 1,435g per pair for the clinchers, and 1,515g for the 2-Way Fit version.

Prices are only available in Euros at the moment.

Shamal Ultra C17 2-Way Fit, front & rear, Campagnolo freehub: €1250.37
Shamal Ultra C17 2-Way Fit, front & rear, Shimano/SRAM freehub: €1255.75
Shamal Ultra C17 clincher, front & rear, Campagnolo freehub: €1201.92
Shamal Ultra C17 clincher, front & rear, Shimano/SRAM freehub: €1208.08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:24 am 

Anyone who know the shop stocked date of 2way-fit version??

I really want to take it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:15 am 

I would really be interested in the Shamal C17 if Campagnolo would manufacture it in the Mille version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 am 

Alot of shops have been discounting the 'older' shamals. Is the new one expected later in May/June?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:06 am 

I just noticed yesterday that Wiggle are listing a Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG Alloy Clincher Wheelset (2016) and advertise it with "Please note that this wheelset is the same as the previous version, but with an improved C17 (wider) rim so to work better with 25mm tyres".

Looking at fulcrumwheels.com confirms that the Racing Quattro LG, Racing 5 LG, and Racing 7 LG have been updated to 23 mm wide rims. Weights are 1725 g, 1658 g, and 1763 g, respectively.

I hope the Racing Zero and Zonda will be updated too at some point in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:08 pm 

phlip wrote:

I hope the Racing Zero and Zonda will be updated too at some point in the future.

If they update the zonda to C17, that will be a killer training wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:12 pm 

fogman wrote:
I would really be interested in the Shamal C17 if Campagnolo would manufacture it in the Mille version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Mille and the black brake track still looks perfect, but the Mille-specific blue pads wear shockingly fast. I'm talking 10x faster than any pad I've ever used. I think I would get the standard brake track in C17