Sidi sole height - ergo 2 vs ergo 3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

si w

by si w

Hi any one know if the sole heights of the sidi ergo 3 is the same as the ergo 2?

Thanks Si

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

Contrast screwed up on purpose so you can see the sole.
Looks pretty much identical to me. Pretty much impossible to measure.
As a matter of fact, the whole shoe is pretty much identical. I can't tell any difference between the two.
In other words, if you're upgrading from the 2 to the 3, don't expect some miracle.
Also, if you find 2's on the cheap, snatch them up!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

si w

by si w

That's great thanks - main reason for asking was that I have some 2s that are pretty worn but want to keep them set up as race spares so didnt want it to alter saddle height if the new ones were much different

Thanks again

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

Sole/shoe height doesn't seem too sensitive for me personally. I have 3 sets that I interchange currently, Sidi Genius, Sidi Ergo3 and Mavic Huez, and I don't change saddle height when changing shoes. (obviously, the Ergo2s are for a different bike, as they have the older Look delta style cleats). I do run spacers under my left cleat on all the shoes too since my right leg is longer than my left.

Stockie

by Stockie

Can i jump in on this thread?
Any one knows the stack height difference between an Ergo 2 sole with speedplay adaptor and cleat and a Ergo 3 sole with speedplay cleat (without adaptor)
I Will make the leap

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Stockie wrote:Can i jump in on this thread?
Any one knows the stack height difference between an Ergo 2 sole with speedplay adaptor and cleat and a Ergo 3 sole with speedplay cleat (without adaptor)

4mm

liam7020

by liam7020

Sorry to hijack this thread even further but my old faithful Genius 4 shoes have finally worn out - not bad after 8 years summer and winter! Anyhow I'm thinking of changing to Ergo 3s. Is there any difference in the stack height of the Genius 4 v Ergo 3? Also in the intervening period since I bought the Genius 4 shoes have Sidi's sizing changed much. My old shoes are Euro 44; are the newer models of Sidi comparable in size? I'll be buying online so won't have an opportunity to try on the shoes. Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

No idea on the 8 year old Genius'. Maybe drop Sidi a line? However knowing Sidi, I would be surprised if much had changed. Also, unless you have an ISP (and even then not a huge issue) just move the saddle up a few mm.

Have the Ergo 2 and 3's, they are identical to me too. Grab some cheap Ergo 2's for sure if you're tossing up between the two.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com