Anyone riding Campy EPS yet?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Curious George

by Curious George

Hi all,
Just wondering if any members have picked up a Campy EPS group yet and can pass longer term comments?
I saw some initial ones from those that had the opportunity to demo during the pre-release period but was after some longer terms feedback.
Also there was the rumour of a Athena EPS group for next year, does anyone know if the release is going to be in the 2nd quarter similar to what the public availability was this year?

thx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tumppi

by Tumppi

I have EPS on my bike. Changed from super record group to EPS super record. I love the EPS group so much that I have no time to write review... :D

Super fast sifting, extreme precise, love the multisifting and FD working as great as shimano Di2 FD. Also "on the fly" settings are useful. EPS shifters has good touch, much much better than shimano offers. Only bad thing is that batterybox is huge, but I hided it under down tube and behind crankset. But anyway EPS is waterproof, let me say even bombproof system. Okey, EPS is also very very expensive and it is really hard to find upgrade kit for EPS parts only. My friend tasted my bike and said "shifting is more fun than pedaling with EPS equipped bike".

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

I'm receiving next week a Storck Fascenario 0.6 with SR EPS.....I will report back. A local customer with a Look 695 already has his SR EPS installed and he is very happy with it.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Could you show pictures of the wire entrance points in the LOOK 695? Is this frame made for electronic groups or was it adapted to it? Can show a picture of how you mounted the battery on the bottom bracket?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

dgasmd wrote:Could you show pictures of the wire entrance points in the LOOK 695? Is this frame made for electronic groups or was it adapted to it? Can show a picture of how you mounted the battery on the bottom bracket?

Ditto!

Tumppi

by Tumppi

dgasmd wrote:Could you show pictures of the wire entrance points in the LOOK 695? Is this frame made for electronic groups or was it adapted to it? Can show a picture of how you mounted the battery on the bottom bracket?

Here is some more photos: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88010&start=30

It's a normal 695 SR frame and I just retrofitted EPS group to the frame. I drilled one 7.5mm hole under the FD hanger, enlarge both cable exit holes 6mm-> 7.5mm and enlarge the old cable pipe hole under the down tube. Batterybox is attached to down tube with M4 size rivet nuts and using nonstandard EPS battery unit holder. Of course I have to drill two 6mm holes for rivet nuts.

Some bigger photos:
http://www.pellossalo.fi/content/uploads/images/full/20120510_007.jpg
http://www.pellossalo.fi/content/uploads/images/full/battery_EPS.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com