Truvativ Pressfit 30 and FSA Pressfit 30

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quaman26

by quaman26

Is there a difference between the Truvative Pressfit 30 and the FSA Pressfit 30 ? I bought the Truvativ one and bought a Wheels Mfgg adapter to use my Dura Ace 7900 cranks on the new Evo frameset that I bought ( didnt come with BB). But I am thinking of buying a Hollowgram SL Crankset to use instead of the Dura ace one. I noticed that the specs on the Cannondale site says they used the FSA one with the EVO's. Now Wheels Mfg'g produces an adapter for the Truvativ PF30 and it has a different one for the FSA PF30. So this has lead me to wonder if maybe a Hollowgram SL won't fit the Truvative PF 30 and would only work with the FSA PF30. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

PressFit30 = 46mm BB shell diameter and 30mm axle diameter. If either are different then it's not PressFit30.

The difference could be in how far outside the axle shell the different PF30 cups sit - i.e. I had Tune cups that protruded 5mm and therefore only needed a 4mm spacer for the crank I was using, as opposed to the 9mm spacer needed with a SRAM PF30 BB.

The Wheels Mfg adapters fit into the 30mm hole in the bearing - that's how they do the adapting. The width could be where the difference is, and why there's different versions for each manufacturer.