Deda 215 anatomic equivalent

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dalex

by dalex

I'm looking to choose handlebars for a new build. For a long time I've been using Deda 215 anatomics, which I get on with well. These don't exist anymore, and I am thinking about going to carbon bars too, so I would like to know what bars out there have a similar shape and that are recommended? I'm not a big fan of the 31.8 mm standard, but it seems hard to avoid now, and I'm absolutely not a sprinter and in need of very rigid bars. On the other hand the 215s are quite flexy, and a little stiffer than the 215s wouldn't hurt. Can people give me some ideas?

Frans

by Frans

Funny, I have those too and like them. In my experience, the Vibe bars and the non bio-max Ritcheys are close but not exact. With the Ritcheys avoid the ones with the anatomical return bump in the hooks.

The Newton anatomicals are prob your best bet, being a Deda product - but avoid the shallow ones, they're classic curve. And avoid anything obviously with the RHM curve, that's Deda's compact line.

Nothing that 3T or Cinelli currently does comes close.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musk3t

by musk3t

FSA New Ergo (Energy) shapes may work. Ritchey do loads of shapes, and also the Syntace anatomic bar could be a good carbon option.

Camilo

by Camilo

Frans wrote:Funny, I have those too and like them. In my experience, the Vibe bars and the non bio-max Ritcheys are close but not exact. With the Ritcheys avoid the ones with the anatomical return bump in the hooks.

The Newton anatomicals are prob your best bet, being a Deda product - but avoid the shallow ones, they're classic curve. And avoid anything obviously with the RHM curve, that's Deda's compact line.

Nothing that 3T or Cinelli currently does comes close.

The Newtons and 215's are identical in the three shapes offered: shallow/short reach classic curve (AKA Italian), deep/long reach classic curve (AKA Belgian), anatomic. That therefore is your best bet. Look on ebay, they're available all the time. FWIW, at one time, they had another line (maybe still is) called Piega (26.0) / Big Piega (OS) which had the same three shapes, but were heavier. I have a set of Big Piega anatomics and I believe at one time I looked it up and they're the same shape as the 215 and Newton anatomics. I don't happen to like them so they're in the archives in my garage.

rayms

by rayms

What year did the 215 come out in?

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

I think it was the year during which Lance stole one of his Tours so maybe '99 or '00. They were on Cinelli and then moved to the Deda 215 and Newton stems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I know where to buy the deda 215 anatomic drop me an email if you want them. Not every distributor has sold out.