THM Clavicula M3 vs Zipp Vuma Quad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Got mine last week. No shifting issues with Di2 and Praxis rings. Ordered another set for my R3. I got Matte finish to match my paint job. Thinking of getting a SRM in future.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

Wooooooowwwwwwwwwwww that looks good.

Best photo I've seen yet.

Thanks for posting!

Can you post some more photos of that rig?

Nice Crumpton. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

they look awesome. I just can't do it. It was blow $1000 on new cranks or build up a time trial bike. Ultimately, the TT bike will help improve my fitness and riding ability (and allow me to compete again w/out my wife flipping out over racing :mrgreen: ) and the fact that I have 1 vumaquad on my bike, 1 backup and about 8 years worth of chainrings and bearings (and even a BB30 kit) along with no weight savings had me go for the TT bike.

But, they really do look incredible!
Speedplay is the devil!

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I'll post a picture of entire bike after I get a couple more parts. I ordered Fibulia brakes. Thanks for the kind comments. :beerchug:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Went out and snapped a few photos. Weight is 6.24 kilos at the moment. Hope to get it under 6. Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread.

billspreston

by billspreston

:shock: Holy Crumpton, let's see some more photos of that bad boy please! Details Sir.

nismosr

by nismosr

coppercook62 wrote:Got mine last week. No shifting issues with Di2 and Praxis rings. Ordered another set for my R3. I got Matte finish to match my paint job. Thinking of getting a SRM in future.

drool .. 4 weeks for me ..
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nismosr

by nismosr

BTW there's a set on ebay 170mm 130 spider brand new if any body is looking for one.

sedluk

by sedluk

The Crankset on eBay is mine. I have M3 cranks on both of my R5ca’s. I also like the Clavicula cranks and have those on R5 VWD. The Clavicula are a little lighter but some people complain about the Q factor. I can’t tell the difference.

On the R5ca I could not use the Clavicula crank because of the carbon spindle and the fact that the bearings are DirectFit BBright. The bearings on the R5ca do not line up with the bearing seats on the Clavicula and would be on the carbon spindle.

170mm might not be for everyone but Mark Cavendish is 5’ 10” and rides 170mm. I am no Cavendish but like the 170mm and think that I spin a little faster with them.

I also have a new Clavicula 170mm 130BCD that I have not decide whether I will use or not. I was thinking about trying a 110BCD 52/36.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

jz4nyc wrote:can't wait for fairwheel to get the m3's in stock--i'm helping a buddy put one together for his bike.

we have the spiders and rings (110 and 130 spiders, praxis rings), now just need the arms/spindle.

the wait for inventory is driving us nuts!

it'll be a really cool setup when done. the praxis rings match the width of the m3 spider perfectly, i.e., no overlap or mismatch in width.
jz4nyc wrote:I'm in NYC area, yes. Unfortunately my pal's bike is out in SoCal and frankly there's nobody I'd trust in the immediate local area to do the M3 install. Only folks I'd trust would be Signature Cycles here on east coast, but shipping a bike cross country for a crank install is a little silly. Maybe. :noidea: THM-Carbones couldn't recommend a shop out there that they'd suggest for install (I asked them, and they only said it comes with complete instructions for installation).
I have a hard time thinking you or your friend can't track down a competent bike mechanic in Southern California. Barring that, rather than shipping the bike from SoCal to the East Coast, why not just send it a fraction of that way, namely to FWB in Tucson? They're getting the crank, I'd think you could trust them to install in properly.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

no sweat, we'll get it sorted.

wasn't referring to all of so cal by the way, just a smaller portion of orange county.

there are very few, if any, boutique high caliber bike shops in orange county area like above cateogry up in marin, signature cycles here on east coast, fairwheel in az, etc.

working with thm m3 cranks, if it were me, i would either do it myself (going slow, asking for lots of help or tips here on ww forum) or find someone at a reasonably local shop who's worked on them. i wouldn't be keen on paying someone to learn the in's and out's of high end product install, if you know what i mean.

but it's a moot point--it ain't my bike and it ain't my parts. i'm just helping my pal find & buy stuff on the internet.

HammerTime2 wrote:I have a hard time thinking you or your friend can't track down a competent bike mechanic in Southern California. Barring that, rather than shipping the bike from SoCal to the East Coast, why not just send it a fraction of that way, namely to FWB in Tucson? They're getting the crank, I'd think you could trust them to install in properly.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

billspreston wrote::shock: Holy Crumpton, let's see some more photos of that bad boy please! Details Sir.

posted in introduce yourself

nismosr

by nismosr

The waiting is finally over !

YinYang

by YinYang

How about a picture of crank instead of the box?

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

nismosr: a friend of mine got his as well this week (fairwheel finally got their shipment!), has 2 rides on it thus far and he absolutely loves the setup. mentioned that his mechanic put a decent glob of grease on the spider eyelet/chainring interface to prevent squeaking/clicking that was going on immediately after install during day 1's ride. day 2 was nice & quiet. has praxis 50/34 on there.

i'll see the bike in a couple of weeks and will snap photos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com