HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm 

Wingnut wrote:
Looks very nice, love Ti...is the frame decal font the same as on the Parlee's? That was my first thought?

No, it's close but it's not the same font FWIW

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:37 am 

Here is a comparison... Not the same. When we were trying to come up with the font, we considerd certain non-bike related brands.

Re: disc compatible bikes (BTW, Mjduct, super sweet build there, hard to beat), we have a disc only CX model on the way and we checked with the 2002 world CX champ on the geometry. Will have 35 seat tube, 35 top tube, 45 down tube, 44 head tube that allows tapered fork, manipulated stays with superb stiffness/clearance to allow up to 35mm tires. Pricing will be around 1K. Will also have fork for a bit extra. I am anxious to get on one myself as it will be, like you said, a beast that can handle everything. Personally I am still not fully pursuaded by the disc roadie yet... so that will take a little time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am 

Is there any possibility of an XC bike in the future?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 pm 

Hi Elviento,

Can you tell me more about the Alu frame, Saker? The price point is really intriguing but first would really love to know how it compares to CAAD (as claimed by you in the website)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 pm 

Well, as you guys already know, CAAD uses a 6 series alu which is easier to manipulate, but the alloy itself is not as strong as 7 series, while we use 7046, a more advanced 7 series alloy. It's a bit more maleable than 7075 but has superb strength. We have built a sub-1000g frame using 7046 in size M, but for the Saker, we deliberately kept it at 12XX grams for a medium in order to get the right stiffness that racers love out of these alu frames. The down tube is slightly over 50mm, and ovalized at the right spots... The wall thickness also went up slightly to reduce denting.

The other special thing is the welding technique where the weld is not evenly spread across the joint, ie., when a 1.1mm walled tube joins a 1.6mm walled tube, the weld would be split 4:6 (or 3:7) at the joint with more material over the thinner section. This effectively makes the triple butted tube a quadruple butted one, one might say. See, the reality of alu butted tubing is that you can't really perfectly butt the tube for a particular frame size, as they are butted in bulk and then with the right length chopped off for a specific frame size... so there is a bit of guess work there, especially with the seat tube where you could have a 54cm tube for a size L but a 41cm for a size XS. Theoretically it's possilbe to butt a tube that's ideal for that particular frame size and geometry, but it would be ridiculously expensive. So this is a pretty cool thing to have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm 

The blue print is done already. Just have to find the time to get it done, but I have been buried in CFD work lately so that will have to wait.

jooo wrote:
Is there any possibility of an XC bike in the future?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 am 

What material elviento? Any particularly unique features you're will to divulge at this stage?

Not that it matters, the attention to detail shown on everything else so far seems to make it a very interesting prospect :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 am 

Carbon AND ti. Both are in the works.

Cheers...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:09 am 
Formerly known as wassertreter

I still think "Star Trek" every time I see the Falco nameplate. The bikes look great, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm 

Love that logo----very nicely done

What your doing is exciting. My brother and I both have Everti titanium bikes---very nice---around 1250 gm frame weights. Small independent manufacturer.

I will continue to watch this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm 

My Titanium Falco Eleonora - With Campy Super Record Groupset Size 47, the Frame is of top notch quality, Shipping was super fast in 10 business Days. The welds looks great and of Top quality. Binny was very communicative with every question answered with great patience. The ride quality is fantastic and love this bike a LOT very very Happy overall. :thumbup: Image :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 pm 

Any news on that MTB frame?

Chris.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3