Switching frames. Will all my components work on the new 1?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tdags

by Tdags

Hey, I have a 11 sworks sl3 ltd and thinking about getting new frameset due to the terrain where I'm at is not supper hilly more less just rollers. Also I am doing local TTs and feeling that I need more of an aero frame. I'm looking into the cervelo s5, the question is will I have issues switching over all the parts and components? Recommendations?
Thanks.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun May 20, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited topic title to help cover the load of the topic better.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

get some aerobars, the frame is only worth a few percent. disc/deep section wheels if you haven't already got those
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musk3t

by musk3t

Position, helmet, wheels - frame is worth very, very little, particularly if it doesn't allow a better position.

c50jim

by c50jim

You'll take a bath selling your bike to buy something marginally better for TTs. As others said, aero bars are a lot more important. I was doing triathlons in the late 80s when aero bits started to come in. As new products came out, I'd add them to my bike. The biggest gain came from bars, then disc. Everything else was small. If you're competing for the podium, you might need those last few seconds, otherwise forget it.

If you're going to be serious about TTs, look for a used P2 or something like that. You could probably get one for well under $1,000 (I think I sold my P2SL for $800), set it up properly and go really fast.

Tdags

by Tdags

Okay sweet thanks !