Jagwire Racer Kit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Garret C

by Garret C

I purchased a Jagwire Racer kit as I've frayed a couple of cables. Installing the gear cable went to plan but I'm a bit confused with the brake cables. I have a Dolan Ares and it has internal routing for the rear brake and also both gear cables. The kit comes with 6 x 4mm ferrules for the gear cables which I've used and it also come with 4 x 5mm POP ferrules for the brakes. As I understand the ez bend end of the brake cable gets inserted straight into the brake lever without using a ferrule. According to my understanding of the POP ferrules you only use them at the cable end that's inserted into the brake caliper but they have supplied 4 of them? By all accounts it looks like I'm missing 2 x 5mm normal ferules to be used to route the rear brake cable through the frame or should i use the POP ferrules for this too? Anyone else installed one of these kits recently?

irf3

by irf3

I've used multiple Racer Kits and think they're great. Your kit isn't defective, it definitely comes with 4 pops and no 5mm ferules, this is definitely the flaw in their system.

I'm not sure about your frame but I was able to just use the pop ends in my caad10, they actually fit in the cable stops really well. Otherwise, just stop by your lbs and I'm sure they can give you a couple regular brake ferules.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Garret C

by Garret C

Ok so your Caad10 has external cable routing for the rear brake and your placing the POP into the cable stop. My problem is the POP wont fit into the internal cable stop, I guess ill either order so or pay a visit to my lbs.

mjduct

by mjduct

Garret C wrote:Ok so your Caad10 has external cable routing for the rear brake and your placing the POP into the cable stop. My problem is the POP wont fit into the internal cable stop, I guess ill either order so or pay a visit to my lbs.

support your local Brick and Mortar!!!! :smartass: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :thumbup:

irf3

by irf3

If you have a decent relationship with your lbs they won't charge you for a couple ferules, they should have a jar of a hundred or so.