Gold bike chain etiquette?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bones

by bones

Etiquette? As in like fashion etiquette? Well, I don't really think there is such a thing for chains. Most of these guys are interested in weight, that's why it's weight weenies so their fashion sense take a back seat to gram counting.

If the gold chain works, then rock that look. Some bikes it looks like a rusty chain, but if the chain is clean then it has an 80s type of look. You could also go with a matching gold necklace too. :)

by Weenie

notsoswift

by notsoswift

I think the only etiquette is you can't be 20 kg overweight and not expect to cop some crap!

tommasini

by tommasini

Gold chains work for me if there is something else gold to tie it with - chainring and pulley bolts, skewers, etc. Heck you could have a red or blue chain.....the point being, have a bit of a theme with the bike, not just a hodge podge of random colors and so forth.

Murphs

by Murphs

I had a Gold KMC. I liked the look, but when gold chains are even a bit dirty, they look average.

I'd buy one again just for a change, probably the Wipperman 10SG

53x12

by 53x12

^ $5 more than silver? I tend to see gold KMC X10SL for $5-10 less than silver on eBay.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Johnny Rad wrote:I'm a savvy negotiator.

Isn't it the other way since gold chains cost less than the silver? :D
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Kayrehn wrote:Works well on mine, esp with matching gold chainring bolts

Too bad your picture is cropped so that we can't see the fuzzy pink dice hanging from the stem.