Fulcrum racing Quatto

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Phill P

by Phill P

Just saw these wheels listed a stock spec on a Ridley. I'd not heard of them before.

35mm rim with typical 21 2:1 on the rear and 16 steel bladed spokes on the front.

Does anybody have a total wheel weight for these?
How wide are the rims?

They might be the wheels I'm looking for since its pretty flat here and I don't want to spring for CF wheels.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boolinwall

by boolinwall

Mine are heavier than listed at 990grams for the rear and 820 for the front. Fulcrum lists the set at 1700. That having been said. The weight becomes rather irrelevant once you consider how stiff and aero they are. Plus, they're some of the most solid feeling wheels I've ever had in my hands.
These will be my daily drivers. I can save my lightweight, somewhat fragile wheels for special occasions.
Another thing worth noting is that the rims are 21mm wide. Right in between the old standard of 19 and the new standard of 23.
Three words come to mind. Stiff, stiff, stiff.lol

Phill P

by Phill P

My racing 3 s were 21mm wide as well.

If aslchemy come out with a 24 spoke triplet they will win my business (with pacini rims) until then I'd say these are top of the list. I love campy hubs (with ceramic balls...)
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

bicicleta

by bicicleta

There will be a new version for 2014 with lighter rims, I read it in road.cc report they did from the Taipei show, I've been looking for the link to the story but I'm not able to find it. I have no idea about their release date for 2014 either, but it will make them a more attractive offer.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

Agreed. At their current weight/ price/ quality ratio, they're a great deal. If they can lighten them without sacrificing these other attributes, it'll be an even better deal.