Is anyone using THM M3's?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

If so, how do you like 'em? Any Pluses and/or minuses?

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Intrested as well

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

anyone?

would think they'd be more popular, esp. on the ww forum!

a pal is going to order them and we're interested in knowing of anyone's experiences.

the ability to swap spiders is terrific. would be nice if other mfgrs. would adopt that feature.

trilocus

by trilocus

I am using thm m3 with 110 spider and fibre lyte chainrings they are light and stiff and looks cool

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I got a set with the compacts and rings from praxis.
Super super stiff, they look real kool and they are pretty narrow
I want a set of semi compacts or I might get a std spider and rings as I'm hankering for a bit more gear inch.

Awesome cranks

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

pain in the a$$ to get this from fairwheel...never have any 172.5 in stock and been waiting for months. This is annoying!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

EightFiveTwo wrote:pain in the a$$ to get this from fairwheel...never have any 172.5 in stock and been waiting for months. This is annoying!

These guys are good and if you don't live in the EU you can take 20% off for the vat

http://www.dulight.fr/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1859

jsinclair

by jsinclair

I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

The finish is also first class.

Fairwheel just had a batch go through do you mustn't have been paying attention.

sedluk

by sedluk

I like mine, you can order from starbike or Hibike. They can take a while.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

bingo that's the exact setup he's after.

thanks a bunch everyone for your comments.

will post pics of the setup once it's done (fingers crossed it gets done!).

sugarkane wrote:I got a set with the compacts and rings from praxis.
Super super stiff, they look real kool and they are pretty narrow
I want a set of semi compacts or I might get a std spider and rings as I'm hankering for a bit more gear inch.

Awesome cranks

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

jsinclair wrote:I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

Fairwheel just had a batch go through do you mustn't have been paying attention.

put my name on the "notification" section but never got any notifications....and yes, i checked my spam-box and there was no email from them. Called and they said "problems with the supplier and its very difficult to work with them"

maxxevv

by maxxevv

EightFiveTwo wrote:
jsinclair wrote:I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

put my name on the "notification" section but never got any notifications....and yes, i checked my spam-box and there was no email from them. Called and they said "problems with the supplier and its very difficult to work with them"

Out hosts here, Starbike MIGHT ... have them in stock .. just pop over .... 8)

serbelo

by serbelo

I got mine but haven't ridden them yet. Looks fabulous have extralite chainring and pf30 bb but am planning to get compact praxis chainrings.
It beats my lightning in performance and form!
Cervelo R2.5
Cervelo P2c
Cervelo R3
Parlee Z3
Parlee TT

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

You can get them from Europe you know. And prolly cheaper....

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

seriously considering these. I really like the ability to use with the 82,351 different BB setups these days. :evil:

of course I'd have to sell one of my sets of vumaquads with the multiple sets of chainrings, BB cups and bearings first.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com