HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 am
Posts: 593
If so, how do you like 'em? Any Pluses and/or minuses?


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:58 am
Posts: 163
Intrested as well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 am
Posts: 593
anyone?

would think they'd be more popular, esp. on the ww forum!

a pal is going to order them and we're interested in knowing of anyone's experiences.

the ability to swap spiders is terrific. would be nice if other mfgrs. would adopt that feature.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Posts: 117
I am using thm m3 with 110 spider and fibre lyte chainrings they are light and stiff and looks cool


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1160
I got a set with the compacts and rings from praxis.
Super super stiff, they look real kool and they are pretty narrow
I want a set of semi compacts or I might get a std spider and rings as I'm hankering for a bit more gear inch.

Awesome cranks

_________________
project black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:23 am
Posts: 56
pain in the a$$ to get this from fairwheel...never have any 172.5 in stock and been waiting for months. This is annoying!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1160
EightFiveTwo wrote:
pain in the a$$ to get this from fairwheel...never have any 172.5 in stock and been waiting for months. This is annoying!


These guys are good and if you don't live in the EU you can take 20% off for the vat


http://www.dulight.fr/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1859

_________________
project black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 382
Location: Sydney, Australia
I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

The finish is also first class.

Fairwheel just had a batch go through do you mustn't have been paying attention.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 349
I like mine, you can order from starbike or Hibike. They can take a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 am
Posts: 593
bingo that's the exact setup he's after.

thanks a bunch everyone for your comments.

will post pics of the setup once it's done (fingers crossed it gets done!).

sugarkane wrote:
I got a set with the compacts and rings from praxis.
Super super stiff, they look real kool and they are pretty narrow
I want a set of semi compacts or I might get a std spider and rings as I'm hankering for a bit more gear inch.

Awesome cranks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:23 am
Posts: 56
jsinclair wrote:
I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

The finish is also first class.

Fairwheel just had a batch go through do you mustn't have been paying attention.


put my name on the "notification" section but never got any notifications....and yes, i checked my spam-box and there was no email from them. Called and they said "problems with the supplier and its very difficult to work with them"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 am
Posts: 1626
EightFiveTwo wrote:
jsinclair wrote:
I'm using a set. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but so far I have been impressed. Installation was amongst the easiest of any crank I've tried, about par with Shimano, easier than SRAM and campy. Spider options really put this crank ahead of any other ww option, even with the marginal increase in weight over the classic clavs, but without the fragility.

The finish is also first class.

Fairwheel just had a batch go through do you mustn't have been paying attention.


put my name on the "notification" section but never got any notifications....and yes, i checked my spam-box and there was no email from them. Called and they said "problems with the supplier and its very difficult to work with them"

Out hosts here, Starbike MIGHT ... have them in stock .. just pop over .... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 6:31 am
Posts: 76
I got mine but haven't ridden them yet. Looks fabulous have extralite chainring and pf30 bb but am planning to get compact praxis chainrings.
It beats my lightning in performance and form!

_________________
Cervelo R2.5
Cervelo P2c
Cervelo R3
Parlee Z3
Parlee TT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1160
You can get them from Europe you know. And prolly cheaper....

_________________
project black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Posts: 1680
Location: Dutchess County, NY
seriously considering these. I really like the ability to use with the 82,351 different BB setups these days. :evil:

of course I'd have to sell one of my sets of vumaquads with the multiple sets of chainrings, BB cups and bearings first.

_________________
Speedplay is the devil.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drchull, hjb1000, rbrtwyn, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB