eebrake tips

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
civdic

by civdic

Just got a set of eebrakes. Is there any tips on setup of these? I was reading about the cable housing length being more critical on "aftermatket" brake sets. Is it critical on the eebrakes as well?
Attachments
eebrakes_2.jpg

by Weenie

grid256

by grid256

I haven't noticed anything with housing length. I would however read the quite extensive directions the brakes come with.

motorthings

by motorthings

+1 on the instructions...the length the adjuster is barrel adjuster is threaded down the adjuster shaft makes a huge difference in feel/power, just as the instructions say.

due to the way they move, you simply want to make sure to have enough housing (esp. on the rear brake) to allow it to move correctly.

bman11

by bman11

I am a convert from ZG, so I found them very simple to set up! I have been riding the EE's for about 6 months with only cable tension adjustments. Awesome! Housing length was simple to nail first time. As previously stated, the instructions are spot on. Enjoy
Just dig in and climb it!!!

civdic

by civdic

I installed the brakes Friday night. A bit more work than Dura Ace. I changed the rear housing and added a set of fresh cables. As mentioned, the instructions are very clear. The hardware and brakes are very well constructed and I was surprised ate the light weight.

I went for a very short ride with my C35 clinchers to make sure everything was working well and I was impressed with the performance. A very different feel than the 7900. The 7900 brakes either seem on or off. Maybe just the way I had them set up. The eebrakes have a very nice feel. They feel progressive, the more you squeeze the better the braking performance. I can tell I am going to enjoy these. I'm looking forward to see how they perform on my carbon wheelset.

by Weenie

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Youre dead on with the 7900 feel. They are very strong and nice brakes but they very simply bite too hard too early. The ee have the power but better modulation...