Shanghai Bike Show pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

fixed pic links. photobucket sucks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

prendrefeu wrote:You are manufacturing in the same factory as Storck??

Awesome. :twisted:

Exile Plus, Exile Ultimate and the new Exile II are all made by Carbotec
Last edited by phallenthoul on Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bones

by bones

53x12 wrote:
maddog 2 wrote:will somebody please build a disc-braked roadie..... (apart from the few who have)

you'd think the designers of the 'new' bikes would try something a bit different. We're being drowned in carbon likeabikes.

Have you seen this before? Looks like Ritte might be coming out with something in partnership with Enve for the fork.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... tegration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I called Enve and a guy that answered told me that they have had a ton a requests from builders asking for a carbon road fork with disc tabs because their customers are asking for it instead of the cyclocross disc fork.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

I somehow doubt that cross riders will be using those disc 4-spoke wheels.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

Timo

by Timo

Who's bike is that supposed to be? Certainly not one of Hoogerland's 2011 TdF bikes, he's 5 ft 10 in (1.79 m). Here's his actual KOM bike...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

maddog 2

by maddog 2

yeah, the disc world is happening, slowly.

There's a few forks on the go - 3T, Enve

and some disc frames (mainly CX) - Dedaccia

but only two proper road frames that I know of - Volagi and Colnago. Volagi's are available for sale, not sure about the Colnago, and Volagi should be applauded for getting something to market, even though it's not my cup of tea design-wise.

My point was that this is an OPPORTUNITY for smaller/newer manufacturers (or at least designers/stickerers?) to become known in the marketplace by creating something new and funky. Instead they all seem to want to do the same old same old curvy tubed carbon frames.... [insert fast asleep smiley here]

The beauty of bikes is that new designs can come in relatively quickly and change the landscape - think of all the developments over the years - STI, clipless pedals, aheadsets, carbon, tubeless, discs etc. Okay, the thick-headed riders take a decade to get their heads round half the stuff but all we need is some decent disc-brake road frames and rim brakes and non-disc wheels could be on the way out......

I've already gone hydro discs on my commuter and it really is significantly better than rim brakes. Now we just need some decent roadie frames.

jesse00swords

by jesse00swords

elSid wrote:A plastic spoke protector on the McLaren bike is PRO.

:shock: Bricks were shat.

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

It's depressing how brazen companies like Malak are about ripping off Pinarello.

Thanks for the pictures! But could you turn off the date stamp please? :wink:

bones

by bones

MajorMantra wrote:It's depressing how brazen companies like Malak are about ripping off Pinarello.

Actually, Pinarello did not create the curvy stays / fork so they do not own the rights to that.

bones

by bones

maddog 2 wrote:yeah, the disc world is happening, slowly.

There's a few forks on the go - 3T, Enve

and some disc frames (mainly CX) - Dedaccia

but only two proper road frames that I know of - Volagi and Colnago. Volagi's are available for sale, not sure about the Colnago, and Volagi should be applauded for getting something to market, even though it's not my cup of tea design-wise.

My point was that this is an OPPORTUNITY for smaller/newer manufacturers (or at least designers/stickerers?) to become known in the marketplace by creating something new and funky. Instead they all seem to want to do the same old same old curvy tubed carbon frames.... [insert fast asleep smiley here]

The beauty of bikes is that new designs can come in relatively quickly and change the landscape - think of all the developments over the years - STI, clipless pedals, aheadsets, carbon, tubeless, discs etc. Okay, the thick-headed riders take a decade to get their heads round half the stuff but all we need is some decent disc-brake road frames and rim brakes and non-disc wheels could be on the way out......

I've already gone hydro discs on my commuter and it really is significantly better than rim brakes. Now we just need some decent roadie frames.

There are some other disc road frames out there, ex: Salsa, Raleigh, Kona, but these are more touring type of road bikes. I agree that there should be more pure road bikes with disc brakes. I think the big holdup is getting a true carbon road disc fork, not a cyclocross or touring fork. Rumors are that Enve and possibly Easton are working on a carbon road fork with disc tabs.

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

bones wrote:
MajorMantra wrote:It's depressing how brazen companies like Malak are about ripping off Pinarello.

Actually, Pinarello did not create the curvy stays / fork so they do not own the rights to that.

Come on. The Malak looks as much a rip-off as any Chinarello. They've copied pretty much every curve and bump!:

bones

by bones

MajorMantra wrote:
bones wrote:

Come on. The Malak looks as much a rip-off as any Chinarello. They've copied pretty much every curve and bump!:

To me, it looks similar, but not exactly the same, but I can see how people might mistake it for a Pinarello. After all, the Pinarello is distinctively ugly.

principiamacb

by principiamacb

I hope they've built the McLaren bike better than the stand.

bones

by bones

phallenthoul wrote:Image

Really, really poor design by Wilier on the drive-side chainstay cable exit point of the rear shift cable. The exit point should be at the top or back of the chainstay, not below it. Look at it. The cable interferes with fast wheel changes. This would have been avoided if Wilier did the exit point at the top or back of the chainstay like they did on their other carbon road frame. Just stupid.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

phallenthoul wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:You are manufacturing in the same factory as Storck??

Awesome. :twisted:

yep..Exile Plus, Exile Ultimate and the new Exile II are all made by Carbotec, the same factory as Storck and many others.

May I ask where the Hyper is/was made?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com