Please help me pick a new rig

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

You have to try yourself of course in order to see what you find better. Different people mean dofferent things when talking about stifness, comfort, handling etc.

I would personally suggest a Wilier Cento Uno. A unique blend of stiffness and comfort IME.

See the peloton magazine review:
http://www.pelotonmagazine.com/Tested-B ... deo-Review

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

If you like the custom fit of your serotta look into Indy Fab, they do they xs which is carbon and ti and they also do do full carbon, it's a super responsive frame and a custom fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Custom Crumpton, just because I want to see another one built here on WW.

fatmike

by fatmike

Great suggestions. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Its definitely given me a few ideas. I'm working on some test rides.

The shop that I use regularly doesn't carry a frame that interests me, so I need to find both the right rig, and the right shop to service it. I need a shop that can do an expert fit (I will end up spending some money, so I want to get it right), but what I am finding is those shops also tend to carry the some of the brands mentioned (e.g. Parlee).

Thanks for the feedback so far. And I'll report back on my findings.

Regards,
Mike

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

+1 on a parlee be it z5 or a custom..
And the crumptons..

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

fatmike wrote:Great suggestions. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Its definitely given me a few ideas. I'm working on some test rides.

The shop that I use regularly doesn't carry a frame that interests me, so I need to find both the right rig, and the right shop to service it. I need a shop that can do an expert fit (I will end up spending some money, so I want to get it right), but what I am finding is those shops also tend to carry the some of the brands mentioned (e.g. Parlee).

Regards,
Mike

If you go custom most builders will sell you a bike through a shop so you can still go with your normal LBS.
I'm so rubbish at this.

Rick

by Rick

campyman099 wrote:Specialized SWorks Roubaix, good enough for Paris Roubaix and Tom Boonen, probably OK for you too, unless you are wanting something a bit unique.

That is the first thing that came to my mind also.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

fatmike wrote:Great suggestions. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Its definitely given me a few ideas. I'm working on some test rides.

Regards,
Mike

Where are you?
You can get you fit done and have a good independent shop implement that fit, that would be my suggestion.

Anyway, I will add Cyfac (and the CPS fitting) to the mix

ThePullMan

by ThePullMan

Ask Nick Crumpton to whip something up for you! I'm pretty sure you will be more than satisfied :wink:
It isn't going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it.

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Out of curiosity, why was the Bianchi Sempre not mentioned? Are these no good?

This thread has been a major help for me, as I'm also in the market for a second bike, and was looking for all the same things, as the OP was.

Thanks!