Looking for Feedback on on ENVE 3.4's

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rgrhon

by rgrhon

Tinea Pedis wrote:What else would I use them for? :lol:

Although, I suppose coffee shop cred points and the Saturday bunch sprint win are important for some people :smartass:

But seriously, you could do worse than either 3.4's or 303's for a one only set of race wheels.

Enve stronger than zipp but weighs a tiny bit more. But they're the only wheels I haven't broken as I'm 225 lbs and strong. They are the only rim with molded in spoke holes. Recommend them highly. Tour mag is the only negative review I've heard of, they usually rate even or better than Zipp. I've ridden 3.4 and 303 and they each have their strengths. Enve is better in a crosswind. Zipp head-on. Id pick enve so you can corner in a crosswind, but you can't go wrong either way if you weigh less than 180 lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grilledcheese

by grilledcheese

3.4s are great all around wheels. they're stiff and climb well but also seem decent for aero and the flats. They are also super bomber. You can chunk through huge potholes and ride gravel all week on these. I've hit huge potholes on them at speed and literally heard the carbon hit the pavement, but they come out unscathed. ENVE also has a solid 5 year warranty and crash replacement, which is solid (I used for crash replacement).

As for the braking surface, I think its top notch. They just added an improved braking track to the 3.4s in January (which I got through crash replacement) and it reacts just like aluminum. I'm very happy with it. The older brake track was also good, but this improved it further.