Time for new shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brycerider

by brycerider

No went with fizik r3

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Echo

by Echo

I have been riding the Pearl Izumi Octane SL II's for quite a while now and absolutely love them! I have a fairly wide forefoot and I have found them very comfortable. Though I have never owned them, I have tried on the S-Works shoes quite a bit, and I find the fit to be very similar.

Oh yeah, they are pretty light to boot!

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

For wide feet, definitely don't get the DMT Radial, I've got them, super narrow
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

kevinkalis wrote:For wide feet, definitely don't get the DMT Radial, I've got them, super narrow

Not even wide feet, normal sized feet might be "too big" for the Radials. They are the only shoes in a size 42 I have tried that were too narrow in the toes. Giro, Spec, Northwave, Sidi etc... have all been fine fitting but the Radials were tight :noidea:
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

I've been using the giros since fall and they are brilliant. Before that I was on zxelliums for a couple years. Used spec. before that. Giros fit very similar to the specialized, the mavics are much narrower in the toe area. Never had to not think about shoes until I got these.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

KWalker

by KWalker

Most people that I know that went from Speci to something else went to DMT or Giro.

Fizik shoes are closet junk as far as I'm concerned. Fit well in the upper and stiff soles, but the cleat mounting holes are terribly done and the rear heel area has caused problems for quite a few people I know, myself included.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

Went from s-works which I was happy with to north-wave extreme tech and the are great. Upper is very comfortable, pretty light to and the standard extremes are lighter

brycerider

by brycerider

KWalker wrote:Most people that I know that went from Speci to something else went to DMT or Giro.

Fizik shoes are closet junk as far as I'm concerned. Fit well in the upper and stiff soles, but the cleat mounting holes are terribly done and the rear heel area has caused problems for quite a few people I know, myself included.

Hmmm will find out when I get mine tomorrow. Am over the crap dials on the specialized.

Sent from my ME860 using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

tacoracer

by tacoracer

yeagermeister wrote:Went from s-works which I was happy with to north-wave extreme tech and the are great. Upper is very comfortable, pretty light to and the standard extremes are lighter

Made almost same switch myself. Went from the s-works to the NW Extremes after my boas broke for the 2nd time. The extremes are hands down the lightest shoes I haver ever owned. Width is comparable to the s works and so far no hot spots after 2 months of riding. I do have specialized insoles. Maybe not quite as slipper like but don't regret the switch at all. I also have to add that the North Wave distributer really made the sale. I got my shop to call and inquire about getting the shoes since they were not a NW dealer but did have an account with the distributer. The distributer said no problem and immediately sent both the tech and the extreme in my size 48 eu for me to evaluate at no charge to me or the shop. After that service I was sold!

iamalex

by iamalex

brycerider - How are you getting on with the Fizik shoes? Any of the issues mentioned above?

brycerider

by brycerider

Thread revival. After persisting with the fiziks for six months they are now in the back of the cupboard.

Between the odd shaped last and the rattling from the poorly designed cleat mounts it wasnt a happy experience.

Back on the new gen specialized swirls shoe. Way more comfy. Lets see how the boas last.
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

Liggero

by Liggero

if you already use the s/works, I suggest to go with something better. Going for a worse shoes makes vey little sense.

get a sidi mega, or bont in wide soles. or another sworks. What are your pedals_ if you use speedplay northwave is a very good choice.
Happy Trails !!!

brycerider

by brycerider

Using speed plays these days. Happy with them so far. To clarify the sworks are the new gen with the Velcro and two dials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
N+1 It Never Stops

coloclimber

by coloclimber

My D2's are going on their fifth season and still strong.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com