Jersey size tire pressure gauge?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Hi
I want to start experimenting with different tire pressures on the road - can anyone direct me to a good [light] tire pressure gauge I can fit in my jersey?
All suggestions welcomed
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

foofighter

by foofighter

Something like this?
http://www.bikeahead.com/lezyne_pen_gau ... Z71596.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or this:
http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/smartgauge_d2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this:
http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pag ... =3&minor=9

blasdelf

by blasdelf

Those Meiser Accugages are the only ones I've found that don't suck, they're stocked by QBP so you can find them everywhere

the 30psi version is particularly terrific, nothing else is worth a damn down low for setting MTB tire pressures

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

sks digital air checker. significantly lighter and smaller than the topeak one, and easier to use. i have both and a couple others. this is the best.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Thanks everyone for the leads
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

billspreston

by billspreston

I carry a pocket sized Lezyne pump with the aftermarket pressure hose and think it's about as good as it get's for a portable combo that can accurately pump a road tire to 100psi on the side of the road. The hose fits inside the pump so you don't have to carry 2 items.

I've heard nothing but poor reviews on the digital gauges, particularly for use with Presta valves. I should note, however, that I don't have any first hand experience with the digital gauges.

Aleeann

by Aleeann

thisisatest wrote:sks digital air checker. significantly lighter and smaller than the topeak one, and easier to use. i have both and a couple others. this is the best.

+1 Love my SKS. Accurate and portable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com