HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Do you really need to run latex tubes with these to get the most benefit, or can you get away with Butyl?

You don't get to choose!

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 pm 
  • 21.90 € (including 19% VAT)
  • 68 components by Vittoria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm 

boysa wrote:
kbbpll wrote:
Check realcyclist.com for price comparison, although not sure if they ship outside US.

The prices aren't as good. For some reason Wiggle's prices shipped to the US are seemingly dropping again to where they were a few years ago. I just picked up a Campy Chorus cassette for $124. Tough to beat that. I don't know how their prices are for the folks overseas, but with free shipping and no VAT, there are some bargains.

I've gotten some great deals at wiggle too, and that cassette price is great. Their US$ prices seem to bounce around a lot; perhaps it's exchange rates.

Re my point above, Vittoria Corsa Evo CX Tubular current Wiggle price US$72.43, current realcyclist price US$68.57.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-corsa- ... ular-tyre/
http://www.realcyclist.com/vittoria-cor ... -bike-tire

Not a big difference, and if there's a current "save an extra 10%" in your inbox, Wiggle wins today. A few months ago though, I paid US$46 each for Open Corsa Evo CX (clincher) at realcyclist, free shipping, so I thought that was a screaming deal. Even today realcyclist has them at $55 and Wiggle $70. Pays to shop around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

kbbpll wrote:
Re my point above, Vittoria Corsa Evo CX Tubular current Wiggle price US$72.43, current realcyclist price US$68.57.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-corsa- ... ular-tyre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.realcyclist.com/vittoria-cor ... -bike-tire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a big difference, and if there's a current "save an extra 10%" in your inbox, Wiggle wins today. A few months ago though, I paid US$46 each for Open Corsa Evo CX (clincher) at realcyclist, free shipping, so I thought that was a screaming deal. Even today realcyclist has them at $55 and Wiggle $70. Pays to shop around.

When I go to that Wiggle link, the tires are listed for $60.38. Also, they will let you order any size or color. RealCyclist only has 28x21 in blue. And as far as the tubular version, RC doesn't have them in stock.

FWIW, Wiggle is also giving an extra $25 off right now on orders of $150. Code "USA25." I'm not necessarily in love with their shop, I merely believe in the free market. I go where the deals are and always shop around. In fact, these prices are lower than I can get through my team QBP discount. I will keep RC in mind, though, and add them to my "speed dial" of shops I check for prices. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:13 am 

That's odd, the wiggle link I posted still says $72.43 for me. I wonder, do they mess around with prices based on your order/visit history? Yeah, realcyclist stock seems quite variable. I should have paid attention to the size/color on that comparison!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:48 am 

yes you get a discount if you've spent over a certain amount in the last however many months. they call it platinum user price, or at least thats how it works in the uk.

I buy most of my things from wiggle because they're cheap, usually have what i want and i can pay using paypal when i can't find my wallet.
have found the service to be good so far, any problems you just email them and they normally reply in a few minutes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 pm 

MrDogma2 wrote:
Do you really need to run latex tubes with these to get the most benefit, or can you get away with Butyl?

HUH??

We're talking tubulars here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:18 pm 

So where are all these cheaper US Vittoria purveyors?

Go to page Previous  1, 2