FUJI Framesets!! Altamira or SST 1.0 frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JAX11

by JAX11

So I am building up a new bike and have already got suggestions on wheels. i will go with the zipp 404 tubies Firecrest. Now My other dilemma is frames. I have my eyes on 2 of Fuji frames Both are the high modulal D6 carbon. They are the Altamira and the SST 1.0.... I like the SST because of the stiffness and the position it puts you in and of course I love the internal cable housing. My concern is getting fitted with retul when you have a integrated seat post that has to be cut. I have no experience in this and I dont know how they could do a fitting when you can sit on it without cutting. I like the Altamira because of the weight. I dont like external cable housing and Im concerned with the thinness of the seat stays (if thats what they are called running down from the seat to the chainstays). Im afraid they will break easily. any suggestions or info on this company that can help me or even push me away from this company all togther

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

109er

by 109er

dont worry about the seat stays. they wont break.

The SST is a great bike. Super stiff and fairly light.

The Altamira, on the other hand is stiff in some regards (headtube stiffness) but bottom bracket stiffness is pretty bad. The bike is a fairly comfortable road race machine. Crits and what not, its not the best.

external cables are really really easy to work on as opposed to internal being a pain when it comes to replacing the cables.

The seatpost offers minimal adjustment, rather the seatmast cap offers adjustment. I think up to 1cm? I could be wrong.

It just depends on what you want. Both are completely different machines.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

DI75

by DI75

wasfast

by wasfast

Colorado Cyclist had both framesets on sale at very attractive prices if you haven't purchased yet.

Marzz

by Marzz

SST is a straight out sprinting machine - very stiff and responsive, yet it's still compliant.
The Altamira is more the GC bike, but as for the ride, I can't comment, as I've never ridden one. The GEOX colours look dope tho!
S-Works Venge