shimano 7900 tuning?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Hey people of weight weenies! Im looking to tune my 7900 group and I was wondering what ideas you could give me? I have already switched to revl brakes to shave a little weight and I was looking at the far near tuning kit for the rd but I cant seem to find it on ebay.....

Thanks Kevin
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

kevosinn wrote:Hey people of weight weenies! Im looking to tune my 7900 group and I was wondering what ideas you could give me? I have already switched to revl brakes to shave a little weight and I was looking at the far near tuning kit for the rd but I cant seem to find it on ebay.....

Thanks Kevin

Fairwheel Bikes :thumbup:

www.fairwheelbikes.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Awesome thank you! Do they ship to US? And anything they dont carry I should consider?
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

kevosinn wrote:Awesome thank you! Do they ship to US? And anything they dont carry I should consider?

They are located in Arizona. They are pretty much a one-stop-shop for all your WW needs.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Facepalm haha wow....thanks alot

Feex

by Feex

Guys, have had a quick scout around but can't find a definitive answer.

How much weight do the F&N kits save over stock 7900? I thought Shimano had pushed the limits with 7900 and aftermarket stuff was offering almost no savings?

bura

by bura

Why should someone change the original engineered black plastic pulleys with some CNC'd alloy anodized ones? Plastic pulleys outscore metal ones in any possible direction.
The whole look of the Dura Ace group including the RD is so understated and cool ,so that the RD tuning plus with some coloured bolts and pulleys is possibly the worst idea and spent money.
Beside that I agree with the previous poster and doubt that the far and near tuning will bring gains more than 5grams. The Dura Ace RD could be made lighter with a complete overhaul but visually Shimano does not need any tuning IMO.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com