Bianchi Sempre 105 carbon/aluminum fork weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JAX11

by JAX11

So I am interested in the bianchi Sempre as a race bike. I know the frames aren't uber light weight so I'm curious if anynone knows or can find out the weight of the blue 105 fork(carbon/aluminum) versus the framesets fork which is full carbon? if you cant find the fork weight then the frame weight of both.

heres the problem I like the blue frame cause its team colors but they only sell it as complete 105. I was gonna purchase it and strip it down and put better groupo/ and components on it, but then I find out the it has the carbon/aluminum fork unlike the red frameset and celeste frameset that is full carbon fork. Is that fork gonna make a big difference in weight? I really wanna get the bike to the lowest legal UCI weight for racing. I don't want to be riding around on a 17 lb bike.

Thanx guys for helping me with this. I find it so odd that they put a carbon/aluminum fork on this one but not the others really dissapointing cause the color is great on the blue one.

JAX11

by JAX11

Guess no dice on the weight! Do you guys know if bianchi would give me the difference in weight if I contacted them

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

My lbs weighed a 59 with full carbon fork on a park tool scale, the kind with a hook so not exactly on the gram, but it said 1,5kg for frame, uncut fork, headset, mech hanger. No BB adaptors, top cap, headset expander, seat clamp or anything else.

Don't know how much that helps, he told me claimed weight of the frame was ~1080gr but I don't know if that was for the 59...

superleggera

by superleggera

Carbon / Aluminum forks are incredibly heavy. Go with the red or celeste. If Bianchi claims it weights 1080 grams, I would guess it weighs around 1280 + the super heavy fork.

JAX11

by JAX11

superleggera wrote:Carbon / Aluminum forks are incredibly heavy. Go with the red or celeste. If Bianchi claims it weights 1080 grams, I would guess it weighs around 1280 + the super heavy fork.

Thanx. I guess red it will be unless I go with the Fuji Altamira black on black frameset. My madone with the wheels I race on which are 420s is 16lb .02ozs thats ultegra groupo. I want the Bianchi to be around that weight or lower if its possible. Do you think i can make that happen with an ultegra groupo on the bianchi also? I got zipp service course sl bars stems and seat post for it and im gonna use the ultegra gloss grey groupo. But Ill probally use firecrest 303 tubulars. hopefully I can keep the weight the same or lower. any suggestions?

OH AND MY FRAME SIZE WILL BE A 50CM SO THAT SHOULD DROP THE WEIGHT DOWN SOME MORE RIGHT?

superleggera

by superleggera

I'd go with the Fuji for sure. Dont buy the Bianchi just because its a Bianchi, Italian, curvy, etc.

JAX11

by JAX11

superleggera wrote:I'd go with the Fuji for sure. Dont buy the Bianchi just because its a Bianchi, Italian, curvy, etc.

What's wrong with the Bianchi frameset lol. I keep reading that the Altamira bottom bracket is not very stiff. That doesn't sound good.

Bluediamond59

by Bluediamond59

I realize this is most likely pretty late. Anyway. Last Oct I built a 2011/2012 Bianchi Sempre (in Celeste) with full carbon BP4 fork. Weight with pedals, 16 lbs 2 oz. It is a 53cm frame. Full Campagnolo Record 10 speed, Shifters, Brakes, Cables, front and rear Derailleur, Cassette, Crank, Specialties TA Nerius Chainrings (52/36 at 110bp), Wippermann Connex 10sX 10 speed Stainless Steel Chain, Shimano XTR M980 XCR SPD Pedals, HED Ardennes LT Wheels, Vittoria Open Pave CG 700x24C Clincher Tiers, Vittoria Ultralite Latex Tubes, FSA K-Wing Carbon Handlebar, Fizik Microtex Bar Tape, FSA SL-K 90mm Stem, FSA SL-K SB-20 Carbon Seatpost, Brooks B15 Swallow Classic Titanium Rail Saddle.
With the help of the HED wheels this bike cuts through wind like a hot knife through butter. I just wish the rider did too. The thin chain stays were a concern of mine but my answer to that was after my first 65-mile road ride averaging 19.3 mph I felt like I had never started. What a smooth ride. Very responsive. Climbs like a rocket.
What did you end up getting?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com