2012 Complete group weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leosantos

by leosantos

any chance to list actual weights on 11-28 cassettes? since these have the biggest cogs, they've likely got the biggest weight variation among groups, and are particularly difficult to find weighted here (and particularly useful for hill climbing/descending, where weight savings are so useful).

Im interested in the weights of ultegra, dura-ace and the new red, but pretty sure people here are interested in the others as well.

Thanks!

Rush

by Rush

I compared the official Shimano weights for 6700 and 7900 to the madcow's weights (and competitivecyclist.com) and they were all very similar.

SRAM's published weights for its shifters are in fantasy land apparently, although they are fairly close for other componentns.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

notsoswift

by notsoswift

bm0p700f wrote:Well this is good reading. Did not SRAM claim that the new Red was something like 1770g? Obviously that was lie.
I wonder how mucch Veloce and Centaur really weigh?

Well there are Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

You can bet they did certain things but they wouldn't outright lie, which would be illegal
165mm Compact cranks
Lightest BB configuration
11-21 cassette
Excluded cables
Took the lightest individual components from a sample group

I am sure there are other things as well.
Campy on the other hand may need to comply with some Euro standards on claims, so it could be random sample, average of samples, median, most popular configuration (ie 170mm 53/39 with 12-25)
Shimano most likely have their own way as well

HardmanKnott

by HardmanKnott

jmilliron wrote:This should be a sticky. Drop the repairing tubulars thread if needed.

I humbly second this motion. This is a fantastic resource; much thanks to Madcow for posting it! :thumbup:

RudyMontana

by RudyMontana

Madcow, people like you that take the time to do things like this is what makes this forum great.

Many thanks for this. A great contribution.

On a separate note, I made my first purchase from Fairwheel. Smooth as silk.

Cheers

zambony

by zambony

1- I tough the SRAM red as in the 1800g; I'm very dissapointed.
2- It would be great to update the listing on the front page
3- Sticky could be cool too...

Z