Praxis works chainring install

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I have a set of 50/34 praxis chainrings and I was wondering if I would be able to simply swap my existing 50/34 chainrings without having to adjust the front derailleur. Any one have any ideas? I am very curious to see how they perform versus my TA chainrings but I dont want to swap them the day before my ride if I have to adjust the front derailleur. thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dov

by Dov

Should be fine. Why would they need adjusting?
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

js

by js

We've just put Praxis Works rings onto our entire rental fleet for this season - a nice upgrade for our customers (http://lafugatravel.wordpress.com/2012/ ... tal-bikes/). Most were being swapped in as replacements for the stock 52/36 sets, but on the few bikes that already had other 50/34 rings installed, there was no need to retune the front shifting.

I suppose in theory, some ring sets might have a different off-set from their attachments to the cranks, but in practice, I found the alignment was the same for either the SRAM or Shimano rings that we replaced - these were on SRAM and FSA cranks.

Oh - for what it's worth, the rings are killer!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but are they much better than, say, the valued Stronglight rings?

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hi guys...just wanted to chime in.
YES, we highly suggest (and is a good habit anyway) to retune/check your FD stops, height, and alignment when you change your rings.

There are always small variations from brand to brand, and you never want to assume anything. Take the few min to just check everything with your FD.

Glad you are stoked on our cold forged rings!

Adam@PraxisWorks
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz County
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com