Fake TIME RXRS on ebay

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rippin

by Rippin

I'm glad things worked out for you, Wcl4.

Any who needs to buy stinking fake Time framesets when you can get authentic modules at 50% off from an authorized dealer. Yes, you read correctly. Go over to probikekit.com - they are clearing them out!
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

fordred

by fordred

I like happy ending.
Cheers for WW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Rippin wrote:I'm glad things worked out for you, Wcl4.

Any who needs to buy stinking fake Time framesets when you can get authentic modules at 50% off from an authorized dealer. Yes, you read correctly. Go over to probikekit.com - they are clearing them out!

Only size medium with rxrs vip! Not my size, but smoking deal!

kbbpll

by kbbpll

madmole wrote:
elviento wrote:In fact, I would not be surprised if a drill is CNC'ing the shape of a P5 into a block of metal mould at this very moment.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/53587 ... me_tt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"No substantiated complaints in last 90 days" :thumbup:

Brandonnie

by Brandonnie

Turns out im texting this exact guy about buying it complete with rival... I really dont know but i wanna have someone really mess him up. He had me for a second...

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Holy $h1tsnacks, you guys are badass at spotting fakes
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

matthewt

by matthewt

I think this is fake, beware!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Time-RXRS-Ult ... 948wt_1364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

civdic

by civdic

Fake for sure! Good catch. You can tell by where the lug meets the downtube. Lots of black paint to hide the transition. Also the fake fork, it has no kevlar weave and no threaded collar on the fork for the quickset.

shadwell

by shadwell

Dunno why folks are getting angry at having "almost bought one.."

If its a qtr of the price of the original and is coming out of Asia when the original originates from France, what did you think it was going to be....

You would be getting what you paid for...

If you want original pay original money and stop trying to get a product for less than it manufacturing cost.. (the original that is..) half price is a stellar deal... get that one for sure...

Have a mate that got one as a training bike and uses his original TIME RXRS on loger rides when gumbies aren't about... and he is stoked with it for that purpose.... it rides very well (not as smooth as the original but 90% was his impression)... and in his own words he would have no recourse for complaint if it had been half as good as it is... so as a cost performance relationaship. he is very satisfied.

NOTE i am not getting into the rights and wrongs of copies here... simply feeing back what this frameset turned out to be like... I built it up for him so was all over this frameset...

civdic

by civdic

^^ Your missing something here. Ebay sellers are listing them as actual Time frames (listing above). Time has built a reputation on a certain ride quality and manufacturing process. This applies to Colnago as well.

I don't care that I'm saving 50% on the cost of a frame, the issue is the frame is not the same as a Time nor is it a Time or Colnago. The listing above is a total scam. The frame isn't a Time, nor is it Di2. I emailed the seller yesterday and provided a link to this thread. As of this morning the auction has "ended".

RAFIUDEEN

by RAFIUDEEN

keep it simple buy from authorized dealers of the brands by going to the brands website ..what i normally do is try to contact as many dealers to enable to get a good rate and i got success two times dont compromise on the source of procurement but work hard to get a good deal ...some of the retailers also provide second hand bikes

milkbaby

by milkbaby

Oh look, another fake on ebay, the auction was "ended by seller":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0818080809

The fakes are getting better, but you can see from the "lugs" that something is wrong. Also still has decal errors. Additionally, the counterfeiters are getting better at spelling, but still need somebody who knows English to spellcheck... I'm not sure who the target market is for a frame "Nanomadle Europe" as opposed to "Handmade In Europe"... hahaha