Fake TIME RXRS on ebay

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I will wait patiently for a fake knockoff of a fake frameset.

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

soulbike
in the industry

by soulbike

Jezuz....... and I just noticed they now have the dogma with an aero shaped seatpost... so how do you actually tell the difference now?? Frankly I couldn't tell the difference for that Time. It shouldn't be suprising... they have fake SOUL bikes in China...

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

bikerjulio wrote:seller said it was "OEM". isn't that code?

True dat. Pretty much every frame on ebay listed as OEM is a fake. I find it odd in a way that people fall for it - why on earth would the factories release frames as OEM at a small fraction of their normal price? It would make no business sense whatsoever.

milkbaby

by milkbaby

I like how the seller wrote "OEM" in their description... Also, a great shot in pic #3 of "You won meddonize", hahaha. :D

DEADRE

by DEADRE

You know how you can tell that it's fake, all TIME bikes have an integrated QUICKSET headset, I don't know how to describe it but Time is the only brand that does not need a compression wedge for the carbon fork. Well i'm talking about the 2011 & up models.
But the lower ends back in the day need a compression wedge.

Also, base on the shape of the seat post does the chinese frame also come w/ the mold to cut off the seat post in the frame?

wshiong

by wshiong

the buyer probally can return back if he use paypall. but the seller alredy stated oem a better word for fake stuff.
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

elviento

by elviento

Yeah I had one of those, you crew it on with two needles, sort of a smart version of threaded headset.

Re fakes, it would be naive to think the "Fake dogma has round seatpost" rule will hold for long. Fakers are not that dumb. In the past it was time and cost barriers, but now as this business takes off like the fake LVs, they will soon have enough resources to crank out new models in no time (no R&D, just mock the moulds and it takes a few weeks at most).

In fact, I would not be surprised if a drill is CNC'ing the shape of a P5 into a block of metal mould at this very moment.

Frankly, if I could reach 1/3 of Yong's volume in my own real Falco frames, then I'd be really really happy.

DEADRE wrote:You know how you can tell that it's fake, all TIME bikes have an integrated QUICKSET headset, I don't know how to describe it but Time is the only brand that does not need a compression wedge for the carbon fork. Well i'm talking about the 2011 & up models.
But the lower ends back in the day need a compression wedge.

Also, base on the shape of the seat post does the chinese frame also come w/ the mold to cut off the seat post in the frame?
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

xiaobenbena

by xiaobenbena

it's surely a fake time, i know the manufacturer and i visit his factory when i was high school student, but i didn't love the manufacturer, nobody love the manufacturer in our country.
let me tell you , you can see fake“look” in no time, why?“look”is this manufacturer most interesting

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So you're saying no one in France likes Time?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

roca rule

by roca rule

it might be due to the fact that they have an english name. they probably see them as sell outs to the anglophone world.

soulbike
in the industry

by soulbike

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that he meant that he has gone to the 'fake' factory, not the actual LOOK factory...

milkbaby

by milkbaby

It looks like on the tail of this fake, two more fake Time RXRS black labels showed up on ebay! Luckily nobody bid on those...

my inane ramblings via tapatalk

xiaobenbena

by xiaobenbena

prendrefeu wrote:So you're saying no one in France likes Time?

i mean no one like "fake" time

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markyboy

by markyboy

The thing is,people will buy them as they really do look the real thing.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2