Bianchi - back on track or not ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

roca rule

by roca rule

but evey single bike that is around the $2000 mark cuts corners one way or the other, with a few exceptions $2000 will not get you anything really remarkable. the few bianchi infinito bikes that i have seen have paint jobs that are much cleaner and better executed than most treks, giants, etc. at their price range. on the other hand we have the dogma asian made, heavier and more expensive and still get more love, hate, and attention, and if we do not look at where bikes are made colnago bikes have nothing that is truly remarkable and yet they are as expensive if not more than binachi's top model.
Last edited by roca rule on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

roca rule wrote:the few bianchi in finito bike that i have seen have paint jobs that are much cleaner and better executed than most treks, giants, etc.

+1
For the price I find Bianchi frames really well made. Almost perfect paint and a lot of nice small details.

sawyer

by sawyer

Andrewjn wrote:This is the latest review on Bike Radar http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... d-12-46020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They talk it up but is a little pricey, but looks the goods to me. However I do believe that my Ciooc Devilry is pure italian masterpiece :P

Review is Cycling Plus, ergo it's worthless.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

bontie

by bontie

I have been a biot of a closte fan ever since Pantani rode them...

A few months ago I had a ride on a 2011 Oltre, and it is a very very nice bike! Stiff as hell ,and it felt very fast!
Cant think that the Sempre would be a bad bike.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I always loved this Bianchi...1991 WW...

mjduct

by mjduct

http://www.vinerbikes.com/about-us/ital ... 4_395.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; wrote:All Viners (apart from two entry-level models manufactured overseas in order to keep prices competitive), are hand made by craftsmen at our Italian premises. Even the entry-level models are hand finished and painted here in Italy, under our watchful eye.
[/quote]

that website looks like Viners are made in the Far East and then translated through google, I've seen better from Chinarello sites....

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Wingnut wrote:I always loved this Bianchi...1991 WW...

Thanks for posting that!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Is that seat tube angle really 73 deg? It looks less to me. I think that's what it says on the geometry diagram, and I'm guessing that that the picture is shown is the 60 cm frame in the diagram.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Page has a curve in it so the pic looks exaggerated.

td100

by td100

mjduct wrote:
http://www.vinerbikes.com/about-us/ital ... 4_395.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; wrote:All Viners (apart from two entry-level models manufactured overseas in order to keep prices competitive), are hand made by craftsmen at our Italian premises. Even the entry-level models are hand finished and painted here in Italy, under our watchful eye.

that website looks like Viners are made in the Far East and then translated through google, I've seen better from Chinarello sites....[/quote]

Your not reading it right! All frames are made in Italy apart from the two entry model frames which are hand finished in Italy!

I believe Viner are in administration which is indeed sad news. Top end Viners are built by Bartoletti under licence, however he has his own brand "Legend", high end Italian frames.
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon