old Ruegamer article

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

artray

by artray

I am not sure if this has been posted before . Its a very nice bike
http://www.the-climb.net/2011/05/ruegamer.html

gumgardner

by gumgardner

That's a great way to describe it "purposeful ugliness". I just love these bikes. They have that "it" factor. I wish Bre would make a resurgence into the frame building business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

That is a great build......good to see someone document the process so thoroughly!

:beerchug:

BmanX

by BmanX

I would love Bre to come back as well but maybe it would be better to join an established group of people to add additional expertise.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Great article! Now I REALLY can't wait for my Rue to arrive!!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Simon BP wrote:Great article! Now I REALLY can't wait for my Rue to arrive!!

Where did you get it? Any info on the frame for us?

VTBike

by VTBike

Wow. I REALLY love that frame. Completely my kind of bike... long sigh.

fallen86

by fallen86

I've been discovered! 8)

I usually don't post much but thought It would be appropriate to introduce myself since this was brought up. Nice to meet you all. I'm Du. I'm a mech. engineer. I spend almost all of my free time tinkering. it used to be with cars, lately it's been with bikes. I get a ton of inspiration from this blog, the level of knowledge here is crazy and I thank you all!

As for the Rue, I'm working on a 2nd round of weight reduction and i was planning on posting it here to introduce myself. It wont be anywhere near as crazy as Gum's Crumpton or Donald's rue etc but it'll be sub 10, maybe sub 9. There isn't anything too exotic or extreme going on with the build and that's where I wanted to go with it (makes it VERY cheap compared to some of the colossus builds on here).

i do custom parts here and there and I usually throw em on my Chinese FM028 bike, my "prototype" bike. I'm hoping to have every piece of component on that bike be of my own design and manufacturing by the time I'm done. It's a slow process when you don't have your own machine shop though.

list of notable projects: http://www.the-climb.net/2011/12/project-log.html

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Gum: There was a Ruegamer Ti/Carbon frame listed for sale here which I bought. It should arrive within this week hopefully! :) But customs sometimes holds on to the parcels for up to 3 weeks.. :(

gumgardner

by gumgardner

They are probably riding it :mrgreen:

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Hopefully not (;

It arrived at customs today! Should get it some time next week! :mrgreen:

artray

by artray

"As for the Rue, I'm working on a 2nd round of weight reduction and i was planning on posting it here to introduce myself. It wont be anywhere near as crazy as Gum's Crumpton or Donald's rue etc but it'll be sub 10, maybe sub 9"
Sub 10/9 sounds pretty awesome to me. Look forward to seeing the Rue and your own components.
Great stuff, welcome

theremery

by theremery

Du......Yang? FM028. I have 2 of those and have put 3 friends on them too. Very decent handling bike for the $$. So much so that I built one for my younger brother and he loves it (and he is fussy as anyone in the world!)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

fallen86 wrote:I've been discovered! 8)

I usually don't post much but thought It would be appropriate to introduce myself since this was brought up. Nice to meet you all. I'm Du. I'm a mech. engineer. I spend almost all of my free time tinkering. it used to be with cars, lately it's been with bikes. I get a ton of inspiration from this blog, the level of knowledge here is crazy and I thank you all!

As for the Rue, I'm working on a 2nd round of weight reduction and i was planning on posting it here to introduce myself. It wont be anywhere near as crazy as Gum's Crumpton or Donald's rue etc but it'll be sub 10, maybe sub 9. There isn't anything too exotic or extreme going on with the build and that's where I wanted to go with it (makes it VERY cheap compared to some of the colossus builds on here).

i do custom parts here and there and I usually throw em on my Chinese FM028 bike, my "prototype" bike. I'm hoping to have every piece of component on that bike be of my own design and manufacturing by the time I'm done. It's a slow process when you don't have your own machine shop though.

list of notable projects: http://www.the-climb.net/2011/12/project-log.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Get your self a bag of #06 orings instead of heat srink for your cable protectors much cleaner look.
Very nice bike by the way!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fallen86

by fallen86

[quote="theremery"]Du......Yang? FM028. I have 2 of those and have put 3 friends on them too. Very decent handling bike for the $$. So much so that I built one for my younger brother and he loves it (and he is fussy as anyone in the world!)[/quote

Nope, my last name is Dinh. And yes! I'm glad someone else feels the same way about the Fm028 handling, it handles great! Great frame to go crazy on without any remorse.

And as for the O ring, i've never thought of that. Seems like a great idea, i will try it next. Thank you.