KCNC bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RMcC

by RMcC

Does anyone have any experience with the KCNC scandium alloy bars?

Im deciding what I want to upgrade my cockpit with and these look quite light and at a great price. I thought I had decided on the FSA K-Force ergo bars that are 185g claimed but are almost 3 times the price of the KCNC bars at 199.5g claimed.

Im not sure which route to go down now. I will be using an FSA os-99 stem as its one of the lightest I could find without spending loads of cash.

Thanks

incog24

by incog24

I'll give you a review next Friday when my build is finished. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101070

First impressions are good, though the style doesn't suit everybody.
Racing for Fluid Fin RT in 2012.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RMcC

by RMcC

Thanks. Cant wait to hear how it goes.

Ive followed the link to your build and I have loads more questions no but ill ask them on the other thread. Think ive changed my mind about the stem now as well.

ryan_sherlock

by ryan_sherlock

My wife and I have been using the KCNC bars for several years. We like them, they are reasonably stiff, light, cheap (for what they are) and we find them comfortable. I used a set of those FSA bars as team kit - I liked them but the cost of replacement after a crash pushes me back to Alu/Scandium bars.

This is the bike they are on: http://ryansherlock.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... -race.html