Red Veloplugs Real Weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wath

by wath

Well I figured some of you might find this useful when counting grams on a wheel build so I took some time to figure out how much each Veloplug actually weighs.

On my scale, a single plug is 0.14 grams.

For those that would want a more accurate number, I also used a more precise method. I weighed 50 plugs then divided the weight by 50 to get a more exact number.

Apparently 50 of them weigh 6.72 grams so .1344 grams would be the more accurate number.

Pretty pointless to me but this is Weight Weenies so maybe someone will appreciate this. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

I've had great luck with them in my wheels, I just assumed they were lighter than tape

dummey

by dummey

I have grown to love veloplugs. They are light, durable, and don't move around like rimtape. It's one of those things that are just pure upgrades.

wath

by wath

dummey wrote:I have grown to love veloplugs. They are light, durable, and don't move around like rimtape. It's one of those things that are just pure upgrades.

Agreed. I'll most likely be upgrading all my wheels with these when I get a chance. :thumbup:

I'll probably be posting the weight of the yellow ones as well when they arrive next week. Or if anyone wants to do the same experiment with those, that would be nice too. :wink:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

wath wrote:Image

Apparently 50 of them weigh 6.72 grams so .1344 grams would be the more accurate number.

Pretty pointless to me but this is Weight Weenies so maybe someone will appreciate this. :mrgreen:

Did you tare for the bag, though?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

wulfy117

by wulfy117

Any tips on removing ( without damaging )?

Figured you could use a real thin credit card type object and work it around the edges, the edges are real soft though :(

wath

by wath

prendrefeu wrote:
wath wrote:Image

Did you tare for the bag, though?

Of course! :beerchug:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I believe that's the weight listed on bikehubstore.com as well :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com