Canyon Aeroad CF 2012/Dura Ace 7900 SRM Pro compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

James_London

by James_London

So apparently Menchov can get this to work, but for me there isn't enough clearance between the bulbous DS BB shell and the SRM crank.

Canyon give a tentative yes and I'm waiting to see what SRM say.

Can any WWs shed some light in the meantime?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

James_London

by James_London

Washer on the NDS should fix it... See how I go!

djm

by djm

Very legitimate question, and I was not aware of the incompatibility when I mounted my SRM on the Aeroad. I was running it on my home trainer and had no issues. Nor did I have any issues when I brought the bike to training camp, until after a few days I noticed that the cranks weren't spinning as freely as they should. I had a small washer mounted on the DS of the spindle and my cranks are now clearing the frame and spinning freely.. :-)

Now.. what I do not get is how the Katusha mechs mounted the Canyon chain catcher to a Di2 frame. At least on mine (58) the FD wire is in the way and will be significantly squeezed unless I file away a slot in the catcher to give room.

James_London

by James_London

I asked Canyon to look into it and the mechanic used a 1.8mm washer on Menchov's bike.

There's a Canyon chain catcher which mounts to the seat tube bottle cage bolts which doesn't interfere with any cables and works well.

Bingomck

by Bingomck

djm, that is some serious drop!!!

djm

by djm

James_London wrote:I asked Canyon to look into it and the mechanic used a 1.8mm washer on Menchov's bike.

There's a Canyon chain catcher which mounts to the seat tube bottle cage bolts which doesn't interfere with any cables and works well.

I have this chaincatcher from Canyon, however on my Aeroad the catcher interferes with the exit point of the cable to the front derailleur. Note that I am talking about the cable for the Dura Ace Di2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

Bingomck wrote:djm, that is some serious drop!!!

People keep saying that. Of course I am serious about my drop! :noidea: :beerchug: