HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:26 am 

I came across an ad for this with George Hincapie in it. If he had not been in the ad, I would have not given it a second thought since it is mainly shown on the wrist in pictures. However, it is designed to be a head unit on a bike as much as it is designed to be on the wrist.

Here is what I have learned:
-Price is in line with the Garmin Edge 500. The Garmin is cool and specific, but there is much more flexibility apparent with the moto.
-Ant+, compatible with all Ant+ accessories, including power meters
-Bluetooth music capability. I admit to wanting to cycle with a (as in one) bluetooth earpiece for music. This unit records your effort and compares it to the music you are listening. It then creates a playlist that is composed of the music that gives you the best performance. This is obviously not a feature for most cyclists.
-There was a rocky start with short battery life. With updates, Motorola has improved battery life to "9hr" of training.
-It can go a week as a watch without recharging.
-This is big geek factor if you want to wear it as a watch and show off to your friends (I do!). When I show it off at work, I am sure some coworkers will no longer have to question if I am a geek or not.
-You can get texts on you cycling computer. This appears to a cheap way for elite cyclists to get information from the coach without a radio (connects if wanted with your android phone)

It looks light, simple, powerful, and deserves a fair shake on WW.

https://motoactv.com/#.T2ktxWFO-dc.gmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/11/moto ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbGxr-F ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhYYa2aDy5c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:26 am