Giant Road Wheels~anybody on them/tried them?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cydonian74

by cydonian74

[quote="tcramer"]Used to ride HED Ardennnes and I think the Giant wheels are as good or maybe a little better. Very even tension on the spokes, perfectly round, but you can however see that they are only 16 spokes in the front wheel. quote]

You mention the front wheel spoke count, are you suggesting that the wheels feel flimsy or 'light-duty' when cornering? Unstable?

tcramer

by tcramer

cydonian74 wrote:
tcramer wrote:Used to ride HED Ardennnes and I think the Giant wheels are as good or maybe a little better. Very even tension on the spokes, perfectly round, but you can however see that they are only 16 spokes in the front wheel. quote]

You mention the front wheel spoke count, are you suggesting that the wheels feel flimsy or 'light-duty' when cornering? Unstable?

No no, the wheels are really stable. I did a lot of descending and they were very good, probably the best I have had. Giving me a good stable feeling. The comment about 16 spokes were refering to the front wheel not beeing perfectly true as low spoke counts tend to twist the rim a little. But it's very little and nothing to worry about.
Bring the mountains to Denmark!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cydonian74

by cydonian74

Oh, that's interesting to me, thanks for your input. What sort of weight are you?

tcramer

by tcramer

I am 71 kg. But these are definately strong wheels and I don't think there are any weight restrictions on them.
Bring the mountains to Denmark!!

robertg

by robertg

Just picked up a set of Giant P-SLR1 Aero wheels for my TCR, and they weighed in at 1579g without rim strips or skewers. So only 4 grams over claimed.

richowen

by richowen

Great set of wheels for climbing, flats, and really comfortable. I run them at 90 PSI with fusion 3s. They are also stiff. I have not ridden the DT swiss tricon 1450 but I wonder if they are pretty close to the same wheel. I am not sure if the stiffness of the PSLR 1 comes from the asymmetric rims or wider flanges. They are much stiffer than my Dura ace tubeless. The MRSP ($1000) is better than the tricon or the dura ace tubeless. I have them on my Defy advanced SL0. Giant advertises them as a wheel system but I can't see them feeling any different on any other bike.