ultegra DI2 with sram red aero links brakes will it work?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RanGer498

by RanGer498

Hi All
Recently I was able to purchase a new ultegra di2 at a nice price but I'm not liking the weight ill be gaining so I'm looking to drop some of it by switch out some items (ultegra crank and cassette to dura ace ones) and I want to swap out the ultegra brakes for sram red aero links if at all possible.
So Im wondering will the sram red brakes work well with the di2 shifters or will I have issues?

Many thanks for your time .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Why not go the full hog and get some lighter brakes like the KCNC C7 or the Planet X CNC if you are on a budget. There are plenty of lighter brakes and cheaper brakes. The Sram brakes should work, but if the cable pull is different than the braking won't be optimal.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

RanGer498

by RanGer498

I'm sure it will work but I need to know if the sram will work at the least is 85% of efficiency or better.
As for the other brakes I'm sure there good but I want to stick with sram or shimano for now.
Thanks thow.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

It will work fine. Brake lever feel will be firmer than intended. Upside is you will have more room between the pads and rim, reducing the possibility of the dreaded sprinting brake rub.