New Hollowgram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CamW

by CamW

Uh, I'm pretty damn sure you should be able to change spiders/spidering therefore there is nothing stopping it working with crank based powermeters or I imagine plain old spiders. May need a little bit of tweaking by the manufacturer depending on exact dimensions. If not cannondale have just outdone shimano in the most expensive chainring stakes.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

The SiSL2 arms with Starnuts rumoured carbon spider, now that would be sweet 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Post Man Pat

by Post Man Pat

here are the new rings

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Post Man Pat wrote:here are the new rings

The pictures of the rings were already posted on BR article. Incase you missed them before the pics were taken down.

jooo

by jooo

Anyone seen info on who's making the new rings? FSA have basically been contracted for lots of Cannondale's 'recent' driveline stuff right?

If they're any good, hopefully they'll do some MTB combos too.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Be cool if someone developed a 4 bolt spider to fit the new Dura Ace 11 rings 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

mythical

by mythical

Those shift ramps and pins remind me of my Praxis rings.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

mrfish

by mrfish

I think based on DA 9000 it would be possible to get out the Dremel and remove some of those spider webs without affecting pedalling stiffness... A few minutes with a hacksaw at Madcow's testing facility would soon prove or disprove this theory. Anyone feeling rich / brave?

SSB

by SSB

My aim is to pick up one of the cheap current version ones that will inevitably come on the market after this comes out. Visually I'm not digging the new spider, and I'm too light/weak anyways to even begin flexing bike parts, so the difference between the two would be almost non-existent for me.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

CBRE

by CBRE

SSB wrote:My aim is to pick up one of the cheap current version ones that will inevitably come on the market after this comes out. Visually I'm not digging the new spider, and I'm too light/weak anyways to even begin flexing bike parts, so the difference between the two would be almost non-existent for me.

It is ugly, but damn light.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

SSB

by SSB

CBRE wrote:
SSB wrote:My aim is to pick up one of the cheap current version ones that will inevitably come on the market after this comes out. Visually I'm not digging the new spider, and I'm too light/weak anyways to even begin flexing bike parts, so the difference between the two would be almost non-existent for me.

It is ugly, but damn light.

We'll see when the final version comes out, I'm curious to find out if the weight includes bearings or not. If it does, that's a ridiculous weight and I'll feel like crap for splurging on a Clavicula.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

jooo

by jooo

mythical wrote:Those shift ramps and pins remind me of my Praxis rings.

That's why I was wondering if anyone had any idea who's making them. Praxis have shown a bunch of these things already.

Not a pic of the actual version I was looking for, which from memory had reliefs similar to those on the back of the arms on the Cannondale versions. Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to find out they're making them :D

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

the updated bikerumor article mentions that the spiderring is forged, then machined, supporting the praxis theory.

styrrell

by styrrell

Nice, they have said on bikradar that the spiderring is compatible with older gen Hollowgrams. I figured it was, but nice to know.

They give a price of $150, seems pretty reasonable for 2 rings and spider, of course you have to relace all of it at the same time.

Isn't a single DA ring more than that?

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Praxis just released their own forged and machined rings in 52/36. Any chance the new spidering will come in that setup? PLEASE!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com