anyone ridden the American Classic light weight alloys?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mjduct

by mjduct

just like the title says anyone ridden either of the 1100ish gram offerings from these guys? what are your thoughts!??!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chippyboy

by chippyboy

I have ridden American classic 420 aero 3 alloy model.

I will say that for that price i am very very happy. The wheelset is quite lite and also quite stiff. But most importantly it looks really good on my cervelo r3.

I am a climber who cycle continuously on climbing and mountanous road.

the only downside i can say is the brake line is not so good compare to fullcrum wheel. But it is not very significant and does not stop me from using it up until now
Attachments
Here is my R3
Here is my R3
" Fly too low "

fallen86

by fallen86

Are you referring to something like the sprint 350? I've run many wheelsets in this weight range and I like the sprint 350's a lot. For reference I'm 160lb and I cause major rubbing when climbing on easton ea90slx wheels whereas the american classics have been fine.

mjduct

by mjduct

fallen86 wrote:Are you referring to something like the sprint 350? I've run many wheelsets in this weight range and I like the sprint 350's a lot. For reference I'm 160lb and I cause major rubbing when climbing on easton ea90slx wheels whereas the american classics have been fine.

Thats perfect info :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I weight 165-ish and I make my Easton EA90-SL (about 130 grams heavier than your SLX) wheelset rub. I was thinking about their new road tubeless wheelset (advertised 1179 grams) I'm really hoping the magnesium clinchers hit the market soon, with those I could lose about 400 grams and still be able to run latex tubes and clinchers :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: