the most wanted pedals???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simonberg

by simonberg

the most wanted pedals???

gumgardner

by gumgardner

This is such a personal decision. I was on the TIME ultramodern pedals and LOOK keos. I recently switched to aerolites and love them. I doubt they are the most wanted though. People love dura-ace pedals. Never tried them. Too many lighter options that work well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

I've been on Dura Ace and loved them, but decided to go with tuned speedplays because the pros outweighed the cons. However, the new carbon 7900's have got me thinking about ditching the speedplays. It'll probably happen when I when the speedplays out.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

gumgardner wrote:This is such a personal decision. I was on the TIME ulteam pedals and LOOK keos. I recently switched to aerolites and love them. I doubt they are the most wanted though. People love dura-ace pedals. Never tried them. Too many lighter options that work well.

StuTheWeak

by StuTheWeak

Exustar carbon & Ti pedals...176g a pair...$265...Keo/Look compatiable.
Specialized Allez 06' "Rain Bike" 21.50lbs
Neuvation F100 11' "Road Bike" 16.80lbs
Specialized Tarmac Pro 11' "WW Bike" 14.25lbs

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

M2Racer Orb2. I'm down to my last set and don't know what I'll do once these wear out.

Ritterview

by Ritterview

Whatever pedals Garmin will use with the Vector powermeter.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

madcow wrote:M2Racer Orb2. I'm down to my last set and don't know what I'll do once these wear out.

Aren't the aerolites pretty much the same thing?

metanoize

by metanoize

Dabbled with iclic and keo ti/carbon. But now I'm loving the durability dura-ace 7900 and it cleats.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

madcow wrote:M2Racer Orb2. I'm down to my last set and don't know what I'll do once these wear out.

Make your own? You've got to have some favors you can call in to have a batch machined!
Speedplay is the devil!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm sure Mattias could make you a set.

http://hellore.se/experimentalprototype/

89daytona

by 89daytona

Keo Blade Ti
@racecarbrian

TriRig

by TriRig

madcow, you just need to embrace the Aerolite :-)

Kidding, obviously. Quite a different pedal - mainly, no float for Aerolite. Also probably not as easy to clip in to the Aerolites, but I still can't get over how amazingly simple and light they are. I've been loving my set more and more as time goes on. And I've come to prefer no float now that I've been on it for a while. Switched back to floating pedals, and it felt terrible. My biggest gripe with the Aerolites is finding a good way to attach them to your shoe. With modern 3-bolt shoes, you have to drill. And you don't get much room for adjustment. Perfect, they are NOT. But currently my favorite of what's out there. And that's saying something, given how old the design is.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

I had a set of m2 racer orb 2's and never thought to stock pile a thing. After modifying the crap out of some eggbeater 4ti's and spending a bunch of money Im close-ish in weight and feel.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Jason, I'm sure you can get someone to make a dozen set run with your kind of connections if you wanted it bad enough .. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com