newbie..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carbon337

by carbon337

Hi newb here - I've done a search but I'm trying to find weight of my road bike frame and was wondering if anyone can help?

Its a 2010 Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon

Carbon seatstays, Carbon kevlar fork.

Just weighed it in at 19lbs but think the frame maybe quite weighty.

Give you an idea of spec:

Giant Connect compact Bars
Giant Connect SL 100mm stem
Ultegra 6700 Calipers
Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2011
Ultegra 6700 SS rear mech
Shimano 5700 12-27 cassette
FSA Gossamer 39/53 crankset
Look Keo Classic
Shimano 5700 Shifters
Shimano 5700 front mech
Conti Gatorskin 23mm rear and Michelin Lithion 2 Tyres - i know i need 2 new tyres that match but these work ok for me.
Selle Italia SL Saddle
Carbon std seatpost

Dont think there is much else to list - reasonable list of spec I think for a cat 4 racer - think the crankset is a bit of heavy point other than that I think its an ok spec but the whole package sounds heavy to me.

What do you think about the frame? I've my eye on a Ribble Stealth which i think is 1kg frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Hey! Welcome to the forum! Believe it or not.. I actually have worked in a shop that sells Bianchi, and have personally worked on the Via Nirone. Its excellent for what you are trying to do, and leaves plenty of room for improvement in future rides. I haven't actually weighed the frame personally, but I do know it isn't light, and with the carbon/alum fork my guess is the whole module is close 2000gr. Thats a really rough guess. As far as the rest of the build, there is room for improvement there as well but I would argue that you don't need to yet. Wait till you get that Cat 3 upgrade :) lol jk, but I do think its a solid intro bike.

carbon337

by carbon337

I was thinking it would be near 2kg so thanks for that.

I agree room for improvement here and there but its quite versatile as part racer, part sportive and part commuter.

Crankset and Frame next - unsure on order of that just yet - depends on BB30 frame or not i suppose.