NeilPryde Bura SL sub 750 gram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carbon2329

by carbon2329

That is interesting....at 768 (in a size small) that would make a Large probably about 820, which is about as much as an Evo or Z5sli.

That is a great weight, but is seems like everyone is claimin sub-7, sub-8 then the real weights (for a 56, my size :) ) are i th low 800's.

Looks like 800's in the new 900's. Great to see the progress, but I guess the marketing ALWAYS exaggerates.
(they refer to 710gm on their website....kind of a stretch)

AE86Micah

by AE86Micah

My medium came in at 785 w/hanger
Fork came in at 329 uncut
Last edited by AE86Micah on Thu May 23, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

That would make sense-- my fork was 301g cut.
Speedplay is the devil!

deermatt

by deermatt

so are these just a rebranded chinese frame? It looks similar to the fm066sl

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's a unique design, not even close to the FM066SL.
All of NeilPryde's frames are of their own design.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

deermatt

by deermatt

The top tube is a similar square shape, all matte black, and the top of the seat tube has the same exact 4 lines in it. So, it has similarities to the fm066sl, and it was at the taipai show, which most chinese makers go to .

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

FM066SL:

Bura:

Not even close. Just because two frames are black does not mean they are the same. You are neglecting pretty much everything: headtube junctures, seattube/toptube junctures, the actual shape of the top tube is entirely different, chainstays are different, bottom bracket is different (BB30 vs. PF30), seatstays, cable routing, fork... should I go on? I'm pretty much listing every aspect of a frame for you, and they're each different from the FM066SL.

Lots, and lots, and lots of companies are at the Taipei show. It is the largest (or 2nd largest, depending on your perspective) industry show in the world. Nearly every company is represented - both brands, manufacturer-brands, and manufacturers.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

deermatt

by deermatt

I know you posted the 2 to show how different they are, but they look pretty similar to me.. I dono..

PSM

by PSM

deermatt wrote:so are these just a rebranded chinese frame? It looks similar to the fm066sl

deermatt wrote:I know you posted the 2 to show how different they are, but they look pretty similar to me.. I dono..

Are you serious? :shock:

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Troll alert.... :?

airwise

by airwise

ramchip wrote:Thinking of buying the Neil Pryde Bura SL so looking for a bit of feedback. Any owners of the bike on this forum? If so how do you rate the Bura SL?

I've been riding Neil Prydes on and off since their inception a couple of years ago.

The Bura, like the Diablo before, is fast. Genuinely fast - aimed squarely at racing IME. By that I mean that whenever I sling a leg over one I seem to find an extra gear over many a bike that I ride. The handling when descending is also superb and on a par with something like the Cannondale Supersix in terms of stability and rigidity when paired with the right wheelset.

My only complaint would be that the Pryde really is not a bike for a long ride or sportive, and is not suited to riding slowly. This is because the front end is the stiffest I have ridden and you will feel every surface imperfection through the bars. If riding at speed, these are bearable. If fresh and on a short threshold effort again they aren't an issue. But a long day in the saddle can become wearisome.

Anyway, hope that helps. In my experience, from a speed perspective the Neil Prydes are right up there with the best from the major manufacturers. In terms of a finely nuanced ride quality, they may be a step or two behind, but they are catching up quickly.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

deermatt wrote:I know you posted the 2 to show how different they are, but they look pretty similar to me.. I dono..

Should have gone to Specsavers :lol:

JensW

by JensW

airwise wrote:
ramchip wrote:Thinking of buying the Neil Pryde Bura SL so looking for a bit of feedback. Any owners of the bike on this forum? If so how do you rate the Bura SL?

I've been riding Neil Prydes on and off since their inception a couple of years ago.

The Bura, like the Diablo before, is fast. Genuinely fast - aimed squarely at racing IME. By that I mean that whenever I sling a leg over one I seem to find an extra gear over many a bike that I ride. The handling when descending is also superb and on a par with something like the Cannondale Supersix in terms of stability and rigidity when paired with the right wheelset.

My only complaint would be that the Pryde really is not a bike for a long ride or sportive, and is not suited to riding slowly. This is because the front end is the stiffest I have ridden and you will feel every surface imperfection through the bars. If riding at speed, these are bearable. If fresh and on a short threshold effort again they aren't an issue. But a long day in the saddle can become wearisome.

Anyway, hope that helps. In my experience, from a speed perspective the Neil Prydes are right up there with the best from the major manufacturers. In terms of a finely nuanced ride quality, they may be a step or two behind, but they are catching up quickly.

Have ride alize, generation 1, 2 and now gen 3, and i think there is some more comforst in that frame. And i must say, the buildquality, if it was good on gen 1 and 2, they have stept it up even one not with gen 3. Now this thread was about Bura, but had to ad this, about how serious they are about there bikes. And haven´t seen many comanies that are so "close" to there customers in service, atleast they have showed alot of good service to me.

shouldn´t those "problems" you mention be solved with the right stem and handlebar?

lights_wod

by lights_wod

prendrefeu wrote:FM069SL:

Bura:

Not even close. Just because two frames are black does not mean they are the same. You are neglecting pretty much everything: headtube junctures, seattube/toptube junctures, the actual shape of the top tube is entirely different, chainstays are different, bottom bracket is different (BB30 vs. PF30), seatstays, cable routing, fork... should I go on? I'm pretty much listing every aspect of a frame for you, and they're each different from the FM066SL.

Lots, and lots, and lots of companies are at the Taipei show. It is the largest (or 2nd largest, depending on your perspective) industry show in the world. Nearly every company is represented - both brands, manufacturer-brands, and manufacturers.

Fail the compared fm066 to The real same is fm069 SL
This is the model the same
http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... e-292.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The weight is error is same to fm066 780-900gr
Last edited by lights_wod on Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAGO.lights_wod

PSM

by PSM

Na.. Still different:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com