Lightweight Meilenstein

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mjduct

by mjduct

KGS in San Antonio, TX can get them...

pRoto

by pRoto

Wheels looks light, fast, aero, insane.. I wish I could have 1 ride.

But the problem is only one, if you ever broke the spoke, its game over..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

pRoto wrote:But the problem is only one, if you ever broke the spoke, its game over..

We know about that - and that's exactly why we offer "ServiceUp" for our wheels... For some extra money, to be honest, but I think it's worth it.
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

I'm going for Service-UP for sure. It would be crazy not to!

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Andreas,

Couple of questions:

1. Is the aero shape of the new model Meilenstein the same as the Standard C with a V shape. On some photos it looks more rounded like a Zipp. If it is the old V shape is there any plans on making a more modern aero shape?

2. I had Standard C and broke the lip of the clincher rim hitting something at speed. There are claims that the Meilenstein is stronger - is this the case?

Thanks.

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

cunn1n9 wrote:Andreas,

Couple of questions:

1. Is the aero shape of the new model Meilenstein the same as the Standard C with a V shape. On some photos it looks more rounded like a Zipp. If it is the old V shape is there any plans on making a more modern aero shape?
=> the shape of Meilenstein C stays the same as for Standard C. If you are looking for something strictly aero you have to go for Fernweg (80mm)

2. I had Standard C and broke the lip of the clincher rim hitting something at speed. There are claims that the Meilenstein is stronger - is this the case?
=> Meilenstein C is much more heat resistant than Standard C and the brake area is more resistant against abrasion. But all that does not help if you hit a stone or pothole... Best "insurance" against that is a 25mm tire instead of 22 or smaller!
Thanks.

Ulle

by Ulle

@ CarbonSportsGmbH

What about the "Standard" model? Something new for them too? :wink:

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Most of our wheels are available with the new design now.
There are small changes in the program - e.g. there are no longer different Ventoux (now "Gipfelsturm").
Please visit our new website to get all the information about the new design and the changes in specifications. The new site is online, up to now only in German language. English/Italian/French and Spanish will be added within the next days.

Production of the "old" design with all the different specifications will be stopped Eurobike 2012.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Love the new website! Time to start saving for some Gipfelsturm :thumbup:
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Rippin

by Rippin

bikewithnoname wrote:Love the new website! :thumbup:

Agreed! On a specific wheel page, I love the way the wheel transitions when you scroll down.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Looks like I'm too dumb to use the new website, though.

Whatever I do, I can't find the weight of the Autobahn disc.

Clicking "Hinterrad" gives me the right pic, but it still says 8 spokes and all the other specs are identical to the Autobahn front wheel.

Clicking "Autobahn VR" (which I assume stands for Vorderrad/front wheel) just takes me back to the top. :noidea:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Ypsylon wrote:Looks like I'm too dumb to use the new website, though.
Whatever I do, I can't find the weight of the Autobahn disc.
Clicking "Hinterrad" gives me the right pic, but it still says 8 spokes and all the other specs are identical to the Autobahn front wheel.
Clicking "Autobahn VR" (which I assume stands for Vorderrad/front wheel) just takes me back to the top. :noidea:

Ypsylon - you're not to dumb.
The page is - unfortunately - still under construction, but we work hard to solve all the problems...

The technical data is still the same as for the "disc": 780g

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I sorta thought you weren't done yet. :D

780g, hmm? That's really good.

What are the odds it's gonna be compatible with 11spd di2? Would a wider freehub body push the entire disc off center?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Ypsylon wrote:What are the odds it's gonna be compatible with 11spd di2? Would a wider freehub body push the entire disc off center?

As far as we know (we have sample hubs and freehub-bodies from DT in house), Shimano11s will go to 131mm. If you mount an 11s freehub on an originally 10s rear wheel it will be pushed 0.5mm off center.
I could imagine there will be a different plug for the left end of the axle to add another mm - should be no problem for the frames and the wheels stay in the center. But we're still working on that issue, together with DT.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Shimano is like Benson and Hedges - just a silly mm longer. Couldn't they just squeeze it down to 130 mm and spare us all the drama?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com