Kuota carbon frames??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

does anyone own or know any facts about Kuota frames? They look unreal and pretty light(1150-1200 gms). Give feedback!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Velocity

by Velocity

Kuota frame made in TAIWAN by MARTEC (same as Kestrel and scott)
Its not a kind of superlight frame.
But its look beautiful with exceptional stiffness.

Here are link t o MARTEC.

http://www.bikexpo.com/vip/martec/
Last edited by Velocity on Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buy it, If you like it.
Your money.
Your decission.

JTC

by JTC

I have a Kuota Khan I am building up right now. I am not sure about them being made in Taiwan. I do not think that is the case but I could be wrong. Where are you getting this info Velocity? Regardless, my Khan is clear coat and in my opinion is one one of the best looking frames in the world. The Khan is not the lightest frame out there, but it is not designed to be. Mine is a 57 and weighs 1300g. The Khan was voted bike of the year by one of the French mags. Also C+ has given it great praises as well as other magazines. Go to www.procyclingnews.com and the tech and spec section and you can read a short article on the Khan and has pictures as well. One of these days I hope to have mine finished so I can try it out!

Velocity

by Velocity

JTC wrote:I have a Kuota Khan I am building up right now. I am not sure about them being made in Taiwan. I do not think that is the case but I could be wrong. Where are you getting this info Velocity?

I have a business with TAIWANESE bicycle company.
At Taipei bike show last year they display KUOTA frame for an example of their product.
Its finished in ITALY.
Dont worry JTC if you like those frame just ride it! :D

The truth is De Rosa king tube set and Mizuno fork also made in TAIWAN.
(want to see the pics?) :wink:
Buy it, If you like it.
Your money.
Your decission.

Millen

by Millen

Velocity is right that Kuota is made by Martec but it's not in Taiwan. To be exact it's manufactured at their facilities at mainland China.

Most of carbon composite components on the market are made by companies in Taiwan or their factory in China. There's nothing wrong about that as long as they keep their QC in check. ISO9000 system helps but it all depend on the manufacturer to keep track of every items they deliver.

Since I have only ridden their alu/carbon hybrid frame, I would say that Martec's carbon tail is comfy but not stiff enough for my liking.
Not a real Weight Weenie but I like my bike lighter!

JTC

by JTC

I'm not too worried about it. That was just the first I had heard of them being made in Taiwane. The design of the Khan is differnet from any other carbon frame out there, so I am a little supprised that they are made in Taiwane. It's all good though! I love mine regardless of where it is made.

Joel

by Joel

Don't worry about carbon frames made in Taiwan. The best carbon frames are produced there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

The Khan is a beautiful looking frame. Interesting Seatstays. I can't wait to hear JTC's verdict on the ride quality. I have been considering one, but my LBS could not get one for me. The kredo is lighter and has a 1 1/4" fork and Headset. Unusual size! makes for limited upgrading etc .

their site is www.kuota.it