Green Tyres??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

was reading and came across Green Tyre. It is a solid road tire that can't flat.......I was wondering, just for yucks, if anyone has ever used these. Sounds pretty interesting. The "race" model weighs 320 grams(not too bad) and it is suppose to feel like 100psi.

www.greentyre.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tsielio

by Tsielio

i have them
when you normally train at 30km/h
greentire speed is 26/28 km/h...
different way of riding...
everything has advantages/disadvantages

ciao
Last edited by Tsielio on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicrump

by nicrump

also consider what keeps that thing on the rim? no air pressure holding it on.

although this sounds perfect for the dedicated "wind trainer" wheel that never touchs the road

drew

by drew

nicrump wrote:also consider what keeps that thing on the rim? no air pressure holding it on.

although this sounds perfect for the dedicated "wind trainer" wheel that never touchs the road

But you dont get flats on a trainer do you?
Not much broken glass in my basement :D

Superlite

by Superlite

He means that becasue trainers eat tires for breakfist. A $25 indestructable tire would be perfect for a trainer, never need to replcae it.

drew

by drew

Superlite wrote:He means that becasue trainers eat tires for breakfist. A $25 indestructable tire would be perfect for a trainer, never need to replcae it.

Yeah I got what he was saying, but thanks anyways, But thats how you get rid of all those half used racing tyres, too bad to race on but too good to throw away, so chuck em on the trainer. I have never bought a tyre for the trainer yet. Whats breakfist anyway?

ras11

by ras11

yeah I was going to give those a try for commuting. but getting my ass up early enough to make it into work on time proves to be too much of a challange. Smart idea/tire in my opinion.
:-) Toys-R-Us

Cyco

by Cyco

They are a complete PITA to fit - they are VERY tight. We had a customer who wanted one for a trainer tyre (so I took it for a ride :wink: ).

O the road they feel like they have 150psi vertically, but when in a corner they feel like a tyre with 50 psi in it - very interesting at the first quick corner you come to :shock:

When he eventuall wore it out, he liked the life (wore it down to rim top in 5 years!)- hated how dead it felt, it had to be cut off the rim with knife and cable cutters :!:
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com